Nightmare In Silver

The TARDIS materialises in ant exhibit which looks like the moon's surface, complete with the US flag out straight as if there was no air or gravity, and half an Earth in the dark sky. The Doctor, Clara, then Angie, Artie Maitland and I put our heads out of the door.

"Well, here we are. Hedgewick's World. The biggest and best amusement park there will ever be, and we've got a golden ticket. Eh? Eh? Fun" the Doctor says.

"Fun?" Clara asks.

"Your stupid box can't even get us to the right place. This is like a moon base or something" Angie says.

"It's not the moon" I say looking down at her.

"Actually, I think it does look like the moon, only dirtier," Artie says.

"Hey. Guys. It's not the moon, ok? It's a Spacey Zoomer ride, or it was" the Doctor says looking at Artie, me and Angie, a door opens in one of the large rocks, and a man wearing a tall hat looks out.

"Psst. Excuse I. I don't suppose you happen to be my lift off planet? Dave's Discount Interstellar Removals?" the man asks.

"Afraid not" Clara replies.

"They were meant to be here six months ago. Well, that's Dave for you, see? Unreliable" a woman's voice cuts through the air.

"Stay where you are!"

"Oops" the man ducks back inside as the military run in.

"Throw down your weapons and identify yourselves."

"No. No weapons. Golden ticket. Spacey Zoomer. Free ice cream?" the Doctor waves the ticket in the air, I take it from him and put it in my pocket.

"Who are you? This planet is closed, by Imperial order."

"How's this?" the Doctor holds up the psychic paper.

"Oh. Welcome, Proconsul. I wish they'd told us you were coming. Any news of the Emperor?"

"Oh, the Emperor. No, no. None that you'd er..."

"We pray for his return. If there is anything you need, my platoon is at your service."

"Right. Righty-o. Well, carry on, Captain" the Doctor says.

"Platoon, let's move out! On the double. Two, three, four. Two, three, four. Two, three, four" the military run off, and the man pokes his head out again.

"Have they gone?"

"Yes" I say.

"Uniforms give me the heebie-jeebies. Come on. They can't stop me being here, but they don't like it" he leads them away from the Zoomer for a view of the whole amusement park.

"Ha, ha! You see? I told you it was amazing. Well, it used to be" the Doctor says, there's a wrecked mega-scenic rollercoaster and other rides. Grass is growing in the cracks in the concrete.

"It closed down. Wish I'd known that before I landed here. But let me show you my collection. Come along. Follow me. This way. This way in, come on" the man says, he leads them down some steps into a comfortably furnished room with lots of waxworks on display, all lit by chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

"Welcome to my show. Webley's World of Wonders. Miracles, marvels and more await you. I am Impresario Webley. You see before you waxwork representations of the famous and the infamous. Anybody here play chess?" the Doctor puts his hand up.

"Perhaps you, young man?"

"Actually, I'm in my school chess club," Artie says.

"Ah. Follow me" Webley leads us to the chess room "now, let demonstrate to you all the wonder of the age, the miracle of modernity" sitting by the chess board is something covered in a satin cloth "we defeated them all a thousand years ago, but now he's back, to destroy you. Behold, the enemy!" Webley whips the cloth off a slightly tarnished silver coloured robot, which raises its head.