The Crimson Horror pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, but the chimney..."

"But what's the connection to Mrs Gillyflower? Judgement will rain down on us all. An empty mill" I say.

"A chimney that doesn't blow smoke," Clara says.

"Clever clogs" I say.

"Missed me?"

"Yeah, lots."

*Boiler room*

"She's going to poison the air," the Doctor says.

"How?' Jenny asks, a pilgrim pulls a lever. We are looking at the base of a rocket.

"With that, I should think," Clara says.

"And there's the poison. All right, gang, I've got a plan" they stand up and something metal clatters. They duck down as the pilgrims turn towards the sound "shush. Ok."

*Secret room*

Ada is still crying in the corner when Clara and I enter.

"Who is that? Who is there?" Ada asks, I kneel in front of her and take Ada's hand and runs it over my face "you. It's you. My monster. You've come back. But you're..."

"Warm. And alive, thanks to you, Ada. You saved me from your mother's human rubbish tip. Now then, what's wrong?" I ask.

"She does not want me, monster. I am not to be chosen. Perhaps it was my own sin, the blackness in my heart that my father saw in me."

"Ada, no. That's nonsense. Stupid, backward nonsense, and you know it. You know it."

"What is it?" Clara asks.

"Who is that?" Ada asks.

"I'm, I'm a friend. A friend of hers" Clara says.

"Then you are fortunate indeed. It isn't good to be alone."

"Now, Ada, I need you to tell me something. Who is Mister Sweet? Ada?" I ask.

"Oh, dear monster..."

"Please, tell me."

"I cannot. Even now, I cannot. I cannot betray Mama.'

"Well, come with us, then. There's something you need to know."

*Drawing room*

"Oh, you do seem to keep turning up like a bad penny, young girl," Mrs Gillyflower says.

"Force of habit" I reply.

"Can I offer you something? Tea? Seed cake? Oh, a glass of Amontillado?"

"No, thanks. We've had a skinful already, as you might say" the Doctor says.

"Ha, ha. Very funny."

"Yes. I'm the Seer, this is the Doctor and that's Clara, you're nuts and we're going to stop you."

"I'm afraid Mister Sweet and I cannot allow that."

"Ah, yes. Would it be impolite to ask why you and Mister Sweet are petrifying your workforce with diluted prehistoric leech venom?" the Doctor asks.

"So, when do we get to meet him, this silent partner of yours? Why's he so shy" Clara asks.

"Mister Sweet is always with us."

"You seem to have a very close relationship, you and your pal" I say.

"Oh yes, Seer. Exceedingly close. Symbiotic, you might say" she opens the top of her dress to reveal a large red leech attached to her skin.