"I told her, Commander. You may carry on," Leia told him.

He shot me a smile before continuing. "It'd give us time to find San Tekka and grab the map. Hopefully we'll be able to get back by early morning."

The General stepped forward, having to look up to the man more than I do. "You may go, Commander. Remember to keep that map safe at all costs once you do have it. This may be our only hope at finding Luke..." She placed her hand on his chest over his heart. "May the Force be with you." Poe gave her a stiff nod as Leia turned to me, giving me a smile. "Sienna."

"Thank you for sharing this with me, Leia. I'm sure we will find him." I reached out and grabbed her hand, giving it a soft squeeze.

"I'm sure we will, dear girl." She looked back at Poe quickly before giving me a teasing look. "I'll give you two some time to say goodbye." With that, she turned and made her way towards the base, leaving me staring after her. Poe walked up beside me and threw an arm over my shoulder.

"I can't believe you told her." I said glaring up at him. He smiled down at me, making my knees feel weak.

"Doc, you're lucky I didn't scream it from the top of my ship. To be fair, I had to get her permission to fly anyway. She's very supportive, by the way."

"Hmm, true. I'd probably want to scream if I dated me, too." This made him throw his head back, letting out a loud laugh. I giggled at him before turning in to face him. I waited for him to quiet back down before continuing. "So, Jakku. You have plenty of water?"

He rolled his eyes at me. "Yes, Dr. Dreis. I have plenty of water and I will make sure to keep myself hydrated."

"Good." I smiled up at him, sending a silent plea to the galaxy that he and BB-8 have a safe journey. The sun broke over the trees just as I spoke again. "That map isn't going to find itself, commander, but please be careful." His eyes softened ever so slightly and he stepped forward, wrapping me in a hug. He placed a kiss at the top of my head and broke away, backing towards the fighter.

"I'm not going to really kiss you because I want to give you something to look forward to when I return." He winked at me as I scoffed at him, not being able to keep the smile off of my face.

"I'll see you soon, Poe." I gave him a small wave as I spun on my heel and headed back towards the doors. I had just made it to them when I heard the familiar rumble of the X-wing, and turned back just in time to see it lift up and take off into the sky.

***

Tash and I were in the canteen later that night. I had filled her in on all of the details of my time with Poe, and she was all starry-eyed at the man's romantic display. However I'm not sure which impressed her more, the date itself or my recollection of the kiss after.

"Both of you have some killer self-control." She said once I had finished.

"How do you mean?"

"Two insanely attractive people, all alone in the night kissing up a storm and you just pulled away? All the med girls are gonna be so jealous."

I laughed at her face that looked genuinely confused. "Trust me, I was tempted to invite him back. He had to get ready for his mission though."

"Where is he off to this time?"

I paused for a second before answering. "I'm not sure actually. He was pretty vague about it." Which technically wasn't a total lie. "Come on, we need to get back to the wing so Ezra can leave."

"Speaking of," Tash started as she got up from the table. "How was your conversation with him yesterday? Any blood drawn?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "No blood drawn. It was a decent talk. I told him he needed to respect my decisions regardless of if he agrees with them or not. We still need to sit down together and hash out some things."