Chapter 2: The Interrogation

ALEX'S POV:
I wake up with a really bad headache. I stand up and groan. I run to the bathroom adjourning my bedroom and puke. I wash my mouth out with mouthwash and I go to my room.

I pull out my blade. I cut all over the cuts on my arms very deeply but that's not enough for me. I pull down my pants and cut all over my thighs. Most of the cuts are really deep and they won't stop bleeding. I press a black towel on them so they will stop bleeding.

I put on black skinny jeans and a long-sleeved flannel shirt that I stole from Demi sometime. Hey, just because I hate her doesn't mean that I don't hate her fashion sense or her music.

I pull on a black sweatshirt that has a picture of 5 Seconds Of Summer on it. They are my favorite band ever! They are amazing! I head downstairs and everyone stares at me.

Mom says, "After you eat breakfast, we are going to talk about what happened last night."

I am worried. I don't want to talk to them about me drinking and being high. I'm just going to tell them that it was a one time thing and that I got pressured into it. That sounds good.

I say, "Ok. But I'm not a breakfast person. I never eat breakfast."

Mom says, "Ok then. We will talk to you now."

She starts to go into the living room and everyone follows her. I sit in a black leather recliner chair.

Mom says, "Last night, we were looking for you to play a game. And then we couldn't find you. When you finally came home, Demi answered the door and she came back and told us that you came home drunk and high. Tell us everything that happened between leaving and coming."

I say, "Well, my boyfriend asked me to go on a date with him. We ended up at a party. My boyfriend went to talk to some of his friends that were at the party, and while he was gone, I got pressured into drinking and smoking weed. And it was the first time I did it. My boyfriend came back and noticed how drunk and high I was and brought me home. That's all that happened."

Demi says, "Was it really your first time? Tell me the truth."

"Yes it really was the first time. And I would never do it again. I promise."

Mom says, "we will let you off the hook this time, but if it happens again you're dead!"

I wouldn't mind being dead. It would be nice to have an escape from the bullies and my family. I say, "I'm going to my room!"

I go to my room. I pull out my guitar and I start playing. Nobody knows that I actually play. They just thought I had a guitar, and I couldn't play it. I taught myself how to play it.

I start playing one of the songs I wrote, A Thousand Years. I start singing.

"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more"

DEMI'S POV:

I go up to see Alex because I was pretty sure she was lying, and even though I don't like her that much, she has changed since the last time I saw her. She acts sad and depressed and I don't want her starving herself or cutting herself.

I got to her room and I heard a guitar playing and then a voice join in.

"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.
One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more"

It is a song I have never heard before. I walk in clapping. She jumps and stared at me.

"I didn't know you could play the guitar or sing! You're amazing at both! Did you write that song?" I say.

"Umm, yeah!" She says, blushing and looking down.

"Well it was pretty fucking amazing! Can we show it to mom and dad? And maybe I can talk to my manager and ask if he needs another talented singer and songwriter to be signed." I say.

"Demi! That would be amazing! I've always wanted to be a singer, I just didn't want to steal your spotlight, cause singing is what you do." She says.

"Baby girl, you wouldn't be stealing my spotlight. You would have your own spotlight. I'll probably be the one stealing your spotlight because you're so amazing!"

We hug. I guess our relationship is getting better. It has been bad as late.

"Dems, um, would you take a nap with me?"

"Of course, baby girl! Do you want me to sing you to sleep?"

"Sure! Can you please sing Skyscraper? That's my favorite song by you!"

I sing Skyscraper, and by the first chorus, she's asleep. I take a picture and post it on Twitter, tagging her in it. I caption it, "Taking a nap with my baby girl! I love her soooo much!"

I lie down, cuddling into Alex. I miss doing this with her. I haven't done this since Maddy was 5 and Alex was 7. Wow that was a long time ago! I can't believe that I haven't cuddled with her since then. I gradually drift off and go to sleep.