Summary

•]••'º'•» S «•'º'••[• •]••'º'•»F «•'º'••[•

MALACHI MILLER HAD USE TO HAVE THE LAST NAME 'Riley'

MALACHI MILLER HAD USE TO HAVE THE LAST NAME 'Riley'. And he hated it.

Malachi Riley had quietly walked into the house of James and Elena Riley. His 'parents'. But,he never liked to call them that nor think of them as that way. Because,of they wanted to be his parents,why would they do the things they do?

Malachi had taken up a few sports,just to have a reasonable excuse as to having those bruises. And he has taken the ones where it was most likely to get hurt:football and lacrosse he has also take up a few others. It,those ones had only come for certain injuries.

The bruised boy was confused when he walked into the house and saw the head of a dark brown hair,which was messily sticking up. When a hand feel off the side of it,the bottle in the hand empty.

Malachi took in a deep breath,taking even more careful steps. If the man was truly asleep,then making noises wasn't a good idea.

And because of this,the young boy had now had to ability to react quickly. So,when his back bumped into a coffee table,he instantly turned around,both hands reaching to grab the falling things and succeeding in doing that.

But,the empty bottle and just how much James could handle had tricked him. As he hadn't heard the footsteps until a hard punch was delivered to his face. "Stupid boy,can't do anything correctly,can't even walk correctly!"

He had leaked that biting his tongue was something that saved him,the man wouldn't hurt him as many times if he avoided that. But,it seemed as if his brain was dead. Because,it had to be if what came up next,happened. "Says the man who can't even handle his alcohol correctly."

It had happened so quickly,the thing that everyone was able to hear. The thing that had lead to the two most shameful scars he had.

James slammed the beer bottle in the same table that Malachi had almost knock down. He had brought it up to the boy's face,the sharp ends having poked the right side of his head. The amount of pressure,having a little cut in that side,before growling. "I'm sick of little cowards like you."

It wasn't Kai's day. Because he had kept making the worst decisions. Maybe it was the failed test in m math,maybe the presentation he had in history that he stuttered through,maybe it was the fact that his only friend had said they would be moving that week. He had so many reasons,but he still had known that if was stupid to lash out on James because of them. "Oh,I'm the coward?"

The sarcasm and teasing tone didn't go by James,which Malachi was surprised by. He was also surprised that James hadn't passed out yet. But,what was most surprising was his next move in the boy. Because the next thing he had done,was stab the boy with the broken bottle.

Malachi's scream is as loud enough for seven of his neighbors to here. And one of those neighbors was a man bigger than James,also had been in the army for ten years. That man,Carlos,had grabbed James, and threw him down.

While another neighbor,Gloria,has ran to him. The blood had already started to stain his shirt. So,she quickly took her light jacket off and wrapped it around his torso. "Lorenzo,call an ambulance!"

Now,Malachi can't remember much of what happened next. He had assumed he passed out. But,when he woke up,there has been people by his side;Carlos,Gloria, and Lorenzo. Their had also been another woman,but he didn't know this one. "Malachi Riley,I am your social worker,Jasmine Lane."

(653)

(653)