Excerpt

"Wait?" She looked over the teen wolf in front of her, confusion knitted across her brow. Wyatt turned to look at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't I know you from somewhere?" Wyatt listened to her question. Rats, he had tried to keep a low profile, but so far that seemed to not be the case. He shouldn't have helped her back in the woods, but then again if he hadn't, there would be murder on their hands. And he shouldn't have bumped into her on his way out of Zombietown.

But if he hadn't, he never would have known who she was. Sure, they were on the hunt for the Great Alpha, but she was. . .different. Nothing like the humans or the zombies, she was. . .unique.

He rifled in his pocket until he found the charm bracelet, pulling it out and revealing it to her. Immediately her eyes widened as she stared at the familiar piece, she had thought she had lost.

"You were the one that saved me back in the woods!"

Wyatt chuckled. "You should be more careful, wandering around. Could have been much worse." He teased, before handing her the bracelet back.

"If I had been, I wouldn't have met you." She smiled and took the bracelet, thanking him. "I'm Brooke."

"Wyatt."

"Wyatt!" The young wolf turned toward his name, seeing Willa standing there, glaring at the beta from down the hall. Wyatt rolled his eyes, before sighing.

"Brooke!" Brooke turned to see the Acey's standing in their group, glaring at her. She sighed, before turning back to Wyatt for a moment. "Guess this is goodbye?" Wyatt joked. But Brooke shook her head. "This is just see you later." She said with a smirk, before turning, her raven hair smacking him in the face. He couldn't help but chuckle.

This was going to be a great start to a beautiful friendship.

Or more.