Just as I unlocked it, I heard my name being yelled from a short distance. My head instantly shot up to search for where the voice was coming from, to be met with a very familiar face. 

"Lena! Holy shit come here!" Adam called as he made his way towards me through the small crowd of people outside of the arrival area. 

"Adam! Oh my god it's been too long!" I exclaimed as I grabbed onto my suitcases to meet him at the curb. I threw my arms around him once I reached him and squealed in excitement. 

It had been about six months since I had seen him, which was a while considering he was constantly traveling to LA for work. Adam had always been like an older brother to me, since I grew up next door to him and Sofia. He visited me as much as he could whenever he was in my area, but lately with how busy he's been, it's been quite some time since we've caught up. 

"Here let me take your bags." He offered as he led me to an all black Escalade parked nearby.

"Thanks! And I can't tell you how grateful I am for you helping me to get the job. I literally could not have gotten it without you." I expressed as he opened the backseat of the SUV for me to get inside. 

He closed the door after I climbed in and rushed over to the other side. 

"Lena stop, you're more than deserving of this job and you know it. All I did was slightly talk you up, that's all. I knew you'd get hired." He grinned as we rode quietly away from the airport. 

We caught up for the rest of the car ride and became so wrapped up in our conversation that I forgot to even ask where exactly we were going. 

I stopped mid-sentence as we came to a full stop in front of what looked like a house. My brows furrowed in confusion as I was somewhat expecting a hotel. 

"We're here." Adam said before he got out of his side and made his way to the trunk to grab my things.

"We're staying here?" I asked curiously as I made my way outside of the car and looked over to him.

"Yeah, it's an Air B and B for all of us on tour. There's two shows here in Portland plus a few nights off so a house made more sense than a hotel." Adam explained.

"Gotcha." I responded, a yawn escaping my lips as I followed him to the front door. 

I was secretly hoping everyone was sleeping so I could meet them all when I was more put together and freshened up, but who was I kidding, from all the stories I heard from Adam, everyone liked to stay up and party. 

It was to my surprise when we walked into an extremely quiet and dark house, with no one in sight. 

"Everyone was pretty beat after tonight's show, I guess they all went to bed. You'll get to meet the team tomorrow." Adam said quietly as he showed me around the place, finally leading me to the room I was going to be sleeping in. 

"Thanks for picking me up Adam I appreciate it." 

"Of course don't mention it. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight." 

"Goodnight." I whispered before I shut the door behind me. 

I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't have to interact with anyone as of yet, as I was much too tired and needed to get some sleep. 

I discovered the connecting bathroom in my room and took the opportunity to take a much needed late night shower before I turned in for the night. 

After I stepped out of the steamy bathroom, I dried off and ruffled through my stuffed suitcase. I then quickly slipped into a small tank top and a pair of shorts to sleep in. 

Figuring no one else was awake, I didn't bother to cover up with my robe as I slipped out of my bedroom to grab a glass of water from the kitchen. 

I tiptoed quietly, careful not to make any noise as I finally made my way to the fridge. I opened it and bypassed the abundance of Bud Light cans to reach for a chilled bottle of water. I screwed off the cap and took a long sip, still standing in front of the open refridgerator door.

I was too busy chuckling to myself about the tower of beer to notice the presence of someone else in the room. 

I closed the door and turned around, only to gasp and nearly spill my opened water bottle all over the floor.

"Holy shit." I exclaimed, clutching my chest as I stood against the counter in pure shock. My chest heaved uncontrollably and my pulse pounded back and forth throughout my body.

I let my myself take in the sight before me as I absorbed the image of who was standing across from me.

There was dark ink scattered across his entire body which was bare from the waist up.

My eyes lingered from the tattoos on his torso and traveled up to the infamous "Always Tired" written just below his sharp blue eyes which were curiously following my every move in the slight darkness of the room. I watched as they dropped down, slowly eyeing me from head to toe.

His curly hair was a disheveled mess on top of his head and he stood before me in nothing but a black pair of boxers.

His eyes finally made their way back up to meet mine as we stood in silence. Neither of us spoke a single word as we continued to stare at one another, as if we couldn't break the eye contact if we tried.

I bit down on my bottom lip, unsure how to break the ice between us

Fuck, this was definitely not how I wanted to make my first impression.

"I'm Lena. I'm the new hire on the management team." I spoke up, my voice trembling as I spoke.

I took a step forward and extended my hand to shake his.

He looked down at my hand before glancing back up at me.

He stretched out his arm, taking my small hand into his own. I inhaled sharply as I felt his warm skin connect with mine.

"Austin."

He replied in a smooth quiet tone. His voice was low and raspy as he glared at me. His pink lips remained serious without even a hint of a smile as he let go of my hand. 

"I'm sorry if I woke you up. I was trying to be quiet." I lightly chuckled.

His face remained hard and emotionless as he finally broke eye contact with me.

"It's okay." He mumbled, walking past me to help himself to the fridge. I turned around to face him, despite the feeling of awkwardness between us. 

"Well it's nice to meet you, I'm looking forward to working with you. I guess I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight." I said with a half smile at my lips, trying to salvage our unexpected encounter.

I watched him clench his jaw, his deep blue eyes boring into mine once again. 

"Goodnight Lena."