He chuckled as he leaned closer to me. "Ouch!" I said as his elbow dug into my side. "Oops sorry," he said as he rubbed my side with his hand. "Terribly sorry," he whispered and I placed a hand on the side of his face. "Don't worry. I'm fine now," I said calmly and he looked at me. He smiled at me and he leaned towards me again. "I love you," he said to me.

"I love you too."

His lips softly connected to mine. Mixed emotions filled the air and I was only happy nothing serious happened to him.

*  *  *

My mother was running around crazily. My family decided to stay another two weeks, to help with the wedding and whatnot. "You're picking this dress?" My mother asked me as I stood there with the white dress flowing down. It had lacy flowers at the top on the shoulders that raced down in a line over the chest. The dress was silk and it clinged to my waist as it flowed down to the floor. "I'm not saying it's not bad, but it's not what I would've picked," my mom said and I rolled my eyes.

"Mom, this wedding is for me. Not for you. So I can choose what I want to choose," I explained to her in an annoyed tone. She sighed as she slapped her hands on the sides of her thighs. "Okay, fine. I get it, this is all about you. But honey, I'm only trying to make things perfect."

"It doesn't have to be perfect Mom. I just want to be happy."

She sighed again as she sat back down on the small sofa. The employees helped me change out of the dress in the dressing room. I got changed back in my jeans and t-shirt and slipped on my coat. "I'll take that dress," I said as I handed her my debit card. She nodded as she walked around to the cash register and swiped my card. The employees wrapped the dress in protective plastic and handed it to me on a hanger. "Thank you," I said as I grabbed it. They handed me back my card and my receipt.

"That's taken care of," I said to my mom as soon as we got in the car. I laid down the dress neatly on the backseats. "Home?" I asked my mom and she shook her head. I should just let my mom do everything since she knows more about weddings than I do. "So how many kids are you guys planning on having?" She asked me and my eyes widened as I looked over at her. "Mom! We've never even discussed kids nor will I ever! I barely even got a man, what makes you think I'm gonna have kids?" I asked her in a high pitched voice. "Oh come on Brittney. Luke's the perfect man and think of all the perfect little children you guys could have."

I sighed as I gripped the steering wheel tighter. I drove in the parking lot of the shopping center and I parked in a space. "Gosh, it's crowded today," I said as I looked around at all the people walking and all the cars driving and cars that are parked. "Oh please, it's only Friday. You should see it on Saturday, it's much worse," my mom commented and I only rolled my eyes.

Suddenly Luke appeared and my mom screamed. Luke was standing there in front of the parked car. "Holy moly! H-How did he g-get there?" My mom stuttered as she pointed a shaky finger at him. I sighed, "Just stay here," I told her as I got out of the car. I slammed the door shut behind me and I walked over to Luke.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked him as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Your mom has to know that I'm a genie sometime soon. If she doesn't know, how would she feel if we told her later when you're already transformed into one as well?"

He had a good point, but I just have a bad feeling my mom won't take this well. She already has enough stress because of the wedding, she doesn't need to add more by finding out that Luke is a genie and her daughter is a soon to be genie as well. I nodded as I let out a breath. "I don't know..." I said quietly and Luke pulled me into a hug. "She's ready to know. Just let me handle things and I promise you she'll be fine," he said as he patted by back.

I pulled away from him and I nodded. He got into the car in the driver's seat and shut the door. I watched him as he turned to my mom and started speaking to her. "I can't watch," I told myself as I turned around and covered my eyes with my hands.

A few minutes later, I heard the car door shut, followed by another car door. I turned around to see Luke and my mom walking towards. "You brat! You never told me!" She yelled as she grabbed my ear. "O-Ow, ow, ow!" I yelled out in pain. "You could've at least told me! And you're going to be one!" She sighed as she let go of my ear and I quickly stepped back from her. I rubbed my ear as I looked over at Luke. I gave him a glare before turning back to my mom.

"Either way... I'm okay with it," she whispered. "It's a little difficult for me to process, because I never believed genies can exist. But, now my little girl is going to be one?" She took a deep breath and looked at me. "I still love you no matter what. And because of that, I expect you to have some cute little genie babies," she said and I blushed as I turned to Luke. He only grinned and shrugged his shoulders. "Mom! Don't embarrass me," I groaned and she pulled me into a hug.

*  *  *

"So you're a genie and she's going to be one too?" Veronica asked Luke as she pointed a finger to me. "Yep," Luke answered her. "I think that's cool," Travis said as he grinned. I only rolled my eyes as I turned my attention back to Veronica. "Will you at least visit us?" She asked and I nodded. "Of course," I answered and she hugged me. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and I wiped them away with my hand. "What's wrong?" I asked her, my voice filled with worry.

"An emotional break down, I guess. You are my sister, what could I do without you? And Dad... He'll be so proud of you," Veronica said as she pulled away from me. I gave her a smile and a pat on her shoulder. "I know he will, I'm his daughter," I said as I let out a chuckle.

*  *  *

"Hey, Brittney?" Luke said, his voice cutting through the silence. We were lying down in bed in the dark and I was rolled over on my side, with my back to him. "Hm?" I responded.

"Have you ever thought about, um, kids?"

I quickly sat up and switched on the light. I turned to him with my eyes wide, "What kind of question is that?" I asked him and he only gave me a gentle smile. "Well, I'm only saying it because... Maybe I want kids," he answered and I felt my cheeks heat up. "You serious?" I asked him and he nodded. "If that's what you want... It doesn't seem so bad to have kids, it's just that, I'm not really used to having this discussion on this topic. I wouldn't mind having your kids though," I said as I snuggled up close to him.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I rested my head on his bare chest as I kept a hand on his stomach. The thing that I liked about Luke was that he didn't have no fancy six pack, or huge biceps or triceps. I loved him the way he was. He had small muscles and a regular sized stomach, it wasn't scrawny or flabby.

"I love you so much Brittney. Thank you for accepting me for who I am and not for what I am," he whispered as he kissed the top of my head. "I want to thank you too, for being there for me. Especially when you saved my life and saved my family's lives. Thank you so, so much. I love you Luke."