𝙭𝙫𝙞. that's what the drugs are for

chapter sixteenthat's what the drugs are for

chapter sixteen
that's what the drugs are for

☼ ☽

          All good things must come to an end

All good things must come to an end. Jill Samson would be the first to admit that. Like in movies when you think everything is going to turn out all right. The characters go off in their own directions and experience things alone for the first time. The hero ends up with his damsel, and the side characters watch from afar. Everything seems fine. But then reality hits and you realize the climax hasn't even happened yet. And after the climax, things can go in so many different directions. The possibilities are endless. Everything is uncertain, and it will remain that way until the final minutes of the movie play out and the credits begin to roll.

As Jill Samson had already declared, she felt like she was living in some kind of movie. It wasn't one she necessarily liked or one that had treated her well. It wasn't the type of movie you'd watch to lift your spirits. If anything, as the minutes rolled on in Jill's messed up movie, the feeling of regret would consume you. Because as the scenes played out, you'd realize the movie Jill was stuck in was one that had chewed her up and spit her out like she meant nothing.

If Jill's life were a movie, there'd be a resolution. The hero would get the girl and live out their days with a smile on their face. Except, this wasn't a movie, and Jill Samson was no hero, and there most certainly was no resolution. There was just the now. The horrible now where Jill was forced to move on with her life without the one person who made her feel like she could breathe.

Now, don't get her wrong. Things were fine for a while . . . until they weren't.

The following days after she talked with her father and told Greta to fuck off were great. She grew closer to Richie and the two of them oftentimes hung around Stanley. Although, the Uris boy preferred when Richie didn't tag along when he and Jill went bird watching. Richie had scared off too many birds because he thought it was funny seeing Stan get red in the face. But Stan put up with it, because, believe it or not, he did enjoy their company. Jill and Richie even attended Stan's Bar Mitzvah and offered him a cigarette when he stood up to his father by claiming he was a loser. Stan, of course, declined the cigarette with a roll of his eyes, but nevertheless offered them a smile.