EPILOGUE

epiloguedarling, dearest, dead

epilogue
darling, dearest, dead

☼ ☽

The following week after the battle against Pennywise, Beverly Marsh discovered a box of letters addressed to her under Jillian Samson's bed

Hey Killer Queen,

          It's me, Jill, your best friend. That was stupid. It's not like you're actually going to read this. I'm too much of a pussy to give you these, but even if I did I doubt you'd actually really read them. Whatever, the point is I'm a fucking idiot. Don't let it go to your head. I'm still right 99% of the time, but right now I look like if Bozo the Clown paraded downtown wearing a Dunce hat.

          Whatever. Anyways, I'm pissed which isn't a surprise but can you blame me? Today was the last day of school and that scares me. It scares me because this was our last year before high school and I've been reading some shit that you drift apart from your middle school friends once you enter the big HS. I'm scared of that happening to us. Because honestly, I can't live without you. You make me happier.

          Also, we ran into that new kid, Ben, and you said he was nice. I know I'm overreacting, but what if you like him? What if you like him more than me? What if you leave me for him? I'm scared you'll realize how annoying and shitty I am just like Greta said, and then you'll leave. Everyone always leaves. I wouldn't be surprised if you did, too.

          But whatever. I just hope this summer is the best summer yet. I can't wait to bike ride to the Quarry and go to the movie theater to make fun of all those stupid horror movies. Like, yeah, right? They call that horror. Okay, then I guess I'm Jesus Christ.

          I hope we can spend many more summers together. That would be nice.

Catch you never,
Bozo the Clown

────────────

B. Marsh,

          Today you asked me why I have a vendetta against Bill. Well, Bev, it's because I hate his fucking guts. Yep, I hate his no good, nosey ass and wish he would go missing! Okay, that was a lie. I don't want him to go missing. I don't want anyone to go missing. But I want him to fuck off and stop trying to be our friend. Scratch that. I want him to stop trying to be YOUR friend because let's be honest, he likes you. And I get it. Trust me, I do, but you're my best friend. You are all I've got and he's wedging himself in between us and it's not fair. God, it just makes me want to scream.