If you have to be vengeful, don't let it consume you. His mother's words resurfaced in his mind.

The wolf spirit had an all-white coat, similar to his mother's, with clear blue eyes. Why did his spirit resemble his mother's wolf form instead of his own? The wolf stopped at the start of the wooden dock and cocked its head at Octavian's presence.

"Octavian Lockhart?" A voice spoke. There was no one around to speak to him so the only smart thought was that the animal spirit had spoken.

"You can speak?" He questioned.

"Of course, I am a spirit after all," Now that it had said more than his name, he was able to hear its voice and how different it sounded. It was a disembodied voice like it was somewhere far away which in a way it was seeing as it was from the spiritual world. The voice was also not just male or female, it was a mixture of both.

"Can you all speak?"

"Yes, but each one of us have different voices. Evil spirits have a distorted or glitchy deep male voice and spirits like myself have disembodied male and female voices."

"This is crazy," Octavian ran a hand through his head of black hair.

"You are Octavian Lockhart, then I assume?"

Octavian nodded, "I am."

"I have been expecting you. You wish to have complete control, I suppose?" It questioned and he nodded again. "Not many of your kind come to the astral plane, most of them are too afraid of what awaits them here. With my being a benevolent spirit, you are expected to fight back with malevolence, but I am willing to give you control without confrontation."

Octavian was remotely surprised at his wolf spirit's words. He didn't have to fight with evil, something he didn't possess in his heart. He had a feeling that there was some sort of catch, though. No way would a lycan spirit give him control freely. "Is there a catch?"

"No, well, not too large of one anyway." It answered. "I have been your spirit for a long while now and I know how you chose to live, but all I ask is for you to stay as close as you can to your family. And please stop "mating" with those who are not of the same species. You have one true mate and you will meet her sooner than you think."

He knew he had a mate out there somewhere, all lycans did, but now he knew he'd see her before he knew it. When mated lycans were in the same room or area, though, both of them felt that pull, that magnetic attraction drawing them closer. Octavian would listen to his wolf's spirit, he'd stick near his family from now on and never leave them alone again. Sure, Oakland, Oleia, and Mallory could protect themselves, but Octavian didn't know how he'd feel if something happened and he wasn't there with them.

"I've made bad choices in my life, I know that and I'll do better, I promise. I'll start living in the mansion again and I'll search for my mate instead of taking others to bed. I'll do whatever I can to be better."

The wolf nodded its head in approval, "I believe you, Octavian Lockhart."

A sudden ball of blue light appeared in front of the wolf and gravitated towards him. Once it reached him, it hit him in the chest and dispersed, knocking him on his backside and onto the wooden boards of the dock. What the hell was that? He thought.

"You now have full control. Use it how you wish, but remember what I have asked of you."

"I will," Octavian stood up and brushed off his shirt and jeans. "How do I leave the astral plane?"

"Jump into the lake and you will be brought back to where you were before you entered,"

He nodded, "Thank you for everything."