mark| daddy issues

Start from the beginning

"Ooooh~ Here comes miss "Straight-Face"~"

An irk mark appeared on your forehead when you recognized that voice.

You looked to your left and saw a certain dark orange haired male walking towards you while being all smiles, waving his hand.

"What's up, boss?"

"Twain, how many times do I have to say until it gets into your thick skull that you have to let go of this habit of being so friendly with me?" You said, crossing your arms to your chest

"Oh, come on" he whined. "Don't give me the cold shoulder"

Mark Twain.

Or how you liked to call him.

A clown.

This boy was always smiling and cheerful, spreading good vibes everywhere he went.

And that annoyed you.

The Guild was a serious organization and everyone had to be punctual, no matter the situation or conditions.

But how much it annoyed you, it made you feel better as well, seeing that people are still smiling, despite this environment.

It made you feel annoyed because he couldn't let you focus. His attempts to always make you feel better wouldn't let you focus on your work, so that's why you hated it.

"Oh! I know!" He exclaimed all of a sudden as his ability, two tiny fellas called Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer, came out of nowhere. "Guys, I have to cheer up [Y/N]. I need your help"

They both looked at you. Tom froze in place and Huckleberry violently shook his head in sign of no.

"Screw you, Mark. We're not helping you cheer up miss "Straight-Face". She's way too scary" Huckleberry said, hiding with Tom behind Mark

"I dare you say that again, you cockroach!" You exclaimed

"See? That's what I was talking about" said Huckleberry before disappearing with Tom

"Oh my God" muttered Mark, trying not to laugh. "I'm so sorry, boss! I didn't mean that to happen!"

"Oh, screw you, Twain!" You yelled, stomping your way out of there as he nervously scratched the back of his head

"You two are giving me a hard time" Mark sighed, trying to catch up with you. "Now I have to apologize for your behavior"

You could clearly hear Mark's footsteps as he ran down the corridor, trying to catch up with you.

"[Y/N], wait! I'm sorry!" He apologized while running

"What's done is done, Twain! Now shut up!" You yelled as you started to walk faster

"Please, listen to me!" He begged as he started to run faster and so did you. "Why are you running away from me?!"

"Leave me alone, Twain! It's an order!" You yelled

But the orange haired male was a lot faster and finally caught up with you, grabbing you by the wrist.

"[Y/N]... Please, tell me..." He muttered as you refused to turn around and look at him. "I don't think you're mad only because of what Huckleberry said. Something happened, right? Is there something I did? Tell me--"

You turned around, slapping his hand away and it was the moment Twain saw the tears in your eyes. The image in front of him filled his very own green eyes with worry.

"I said leave me alone, Twain!" You said. "It was enough that my old man is ignoring me and turned me into his secretary, not remembering that I'm his daughter! But those little guy's words hurt! I'm not cold... I'm not mean... I'm not scary... Mark, I'm not scary, right? Tell me that I'm not scary, please!"

You didn't know what was in your mind, but you felt like crying. You needed a shoulder to cry on. You needed someone to be there for you, to listen to you and your problems, to hug you and tell you that everything is gonna be fine.

And believe it or not, that someone was Mark Twain himself.

Hell, he was ready to throw his whole work to trash just to cheer you up.

Because making you happy meant everything to him.

He made you smile only once when you were having a bad day.

And since that day, he swore to do everything in his power to see that smile again.

But now, his silence made it clear for you. You really were scary...

"...I-I understand..." You whispered, trying to walk away from there. "Thank you for your honesty, Twain--"

"Really?" Mark said, grabbing you by the hand, pulling you back to him. "You? Scary? Who lied to you?"

"Your ability did..." You whispered as he cupped your face, making you look into his eyes

"Huck talks without thinking twice" he said, smiling brightly

"So do you" you retorted

"Hey!" He exclaimed, trying to sound hurt as you couldn't help, but giggle. "Just because those two are my ability, that doesn't mean that I'm... like... them..."

He stopped talking.

Just to admire your smile.

He looked surprised.

He would have never thought he would see your smile again, leaving alone hearing you laugh.

And knowing he was the one responsible for it? Oh boy, was he happy and proud of himself at the same time?

"There it is!" He exclaimed and you started to laugh now. "The smile I wanted to see! Oh god, you're even laughing!"

"Thank you, Mark" you said when you calmed down, your face being cherry red. "I really needed it"

"So now you do admit that I'm funny, right?"

"Way to go, Twain" you said, trying to push him away

But he didn't move.

He even kissed your forehead which made your face flush red.

"M-Mark?!" You exclaimed as he smiled at you

"I'm just trying to make you feel better" he said. "Are you feeling better?"

He looked at your face while you looked away, blushing.

And then, it was the moment when he realized what he have done.

"Oh sh-- Boss, I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed, waving his hands. "I don't know what was I thinking! I-I...! Please, don't throw me out of the Guild"

You smiled at his reaction as he looked embarrassed at the ground.

You took back the bossy personality and cleared your throat.

"Mark"

"Y-yes?!"

"Do it again"

"Eh?!"

"I-it's an order from your b-boss"

"Y-yes, boss!"

Poor boy was as red as a tomato, but enjoyed every second and so did you.

"Ughh, I don't like these lovey dovey moments" Huckleberry said out of nowhere as Mark frowned. "Just kiss already and end the story"

"Huck, if you don't shut up, I'll--"

And now it was your turn to grab him by the face and kissed him on the lips. You were literally trembling since it was your first kiss, but all in all, you managed to not make a fool of yourself in front of his face while trying to look confident in that moment.

Mark was so surprised, that no reaction came from him, only steam came out of his ears when you walked away.

"Get back to work, Twain" you said, looking at him from behind your shoulder. "Those papers won't write themselves"

"Y-yes, boss..."

----------------------------------

A/n: ahh, this is too lovey dovey, I'm sorry ;w;