Chapter Two⚘

The vision in my irises were blurry when I opened them.

My head currently felt like I had drank a bottle of raw vodka the night before.
What the hell happened?

Looking at my surroundings, I didn't recognise where I was. The last thing I remember was laying on the forest ground, being mentally tortured by the coven.

Once I eventually stood up, the vision thankfully became clearer. A dense forest was all that surrounded my weakened stance, but not the one that was in front of my house in Spree. This place was different, I had definetely not been here before.

My own parents banished me, to the middle of fucking nowhere. My own mother.

What was the point? No one could hear my cries. But I'm only human, so, I sobbed. The sudden burst of emotion made my knees cave in, forcing the lower half of my body to collapse onto the dried leaves of the forest floor.

After what seemed like hours, I made the decision to get up, and walked on a path covered in crunchy leaves. The sky was beginning to get dark so I quickened the pace, not wanting to spend another night in the woods alone.

A cruel, tormenting thought appeared in my mind, what if im the only person here? Wherever here is? That thought, although convincingly true, frightened me to death. What's worse than loneliness?

There was a sign at the clearing of the wooded area, it read Mystic falls.

Hold the fuck up, thats in Virginia, why did the coven send me here? Worn out past words, I pass house after house in a haze. Unfortunately noticing the lack of people, or even animals.

The only thing on my mind right now was rest. Of course, there was bigger fish to fry in this predicament, however, my tired body couldn't register anything else right now. To my luck, a conveniance store had its lights turned on, infusing my aura with hope.

I didn't hesitate to run straight inside, maybe there's sign of life in this place after all.

"Hello?", I called out while I ran past every aisle.

To my inevitable dismay, it was empty. I really am the only person here. Exhausted and nearing dehydration, I slumped down onto a camping chair next to the drinks aisle, not giving a second thought before downing three bottles of sparkling water.

Theres gotta be a reason they sent me to this town, I mumbled as I leaned back in the chair while resting my eyes, analysing every possible reason.

oh, fuck this shit. I strutted out of the store, heading back to the first row of houses I had previously walked by. Sleep was the only thing on my mind now. Maybe I'll be able to think more vividly after a decent night's sleep.

After a few minutes of walking around, I stood in front of a white house with dark green window shutters, something about the building had drawn me to it for unknown reasons.

The door was unlocked, so without delaying my highly anticipated night of sleep, I stepped inside. Upon entering the quiet threshold, my attention was immediately drawn to some candles lighting around the interior.

I assumed it was just part of this place I was in, perhaps a parelell universe? Not that I gave a crap at this moment, tiredness was taking over. As I dragged my feet up the creaky staircase, I noticed a huge master bedroom on the first right to the top of the stairs.

Not to sound like a complete psychopath, I felt my lips tighten to a smile, having taken in the sight before my sleepy irises. The bed sheets were a silky emerald green, thus, finding myself having a quick moment of happiness. My favourite colour almost filled my insides with warmth.

The longer I stood, the more my feet ached with tiredness. Without waiting a moment longer, I stripped down to my underwear and blouse. I mean, there's clearly no one around, so who's going to take a glimpse of a half naked girl?

-

The sunlight beaming into the large grey and cream room woke my anatomy from a very deep sleep.

Yawning profusely, my eyes steadily scanned the room, and my heart dropped when I noticed the bedroom door wide open. I made sure it was shut last night before going to bed, just to feel that little bit more safe, even if it seemed stupid.

"who's there?", I quietly stood up, pulling up the black jeans I had stripped off in order to sleep better. There was a note on the dressing table beside the door, that certainly wasn't there yesterday.

My shakey hands picked up the note, 'You look really pretty when you sleep'.

what the fuck? I ran out of the house and headed toward the store. The plan was to grab a bagpack and fill it up with as much supplies as possible, and get the hell out of this town called Mystic falls. The scary realisation that I wasn't alone was enough to make me leave already. Not to mention that this other person was a creep. So I picked out a hikers bagpack and quickly filled it with some bottles of water, chips, and protein bars.

As I zipped up the bag, the store's door bell chimmed.

Shit

I quickly hid behind a triangle tower of tinned soup, hoping whoever it was would just leave and not see me, I hoped. Everything was still, silent.

I peeped above the tower of soup, and felt my throat go dry as I caught a glimpse of the back of some guy. Panicking, I started walking backwards down the aisle, internally punching myself after I accidentally knock over a can of food. The guy immediately spun around, and I took this chance to dart toward the exit doors, grabbing the bagpack.

Author's note

Thanks for the votes so far guys, ya'll have no idea how much it brightens my day!

Happy reading 🥀