2. The Snow Queen

« So you're in pain, Reindeer Boy ?»

Ten years old Ryder winced at the taller boy's words. He wiped the tears in his eyes as he slowly pushed on his arms to sat on the muddy ground. The taller boy who was barely older than him but stronger, gave him a mocking smile before kicking him again, making him let out a cry of pain. He knew he wasn't strong enough to fight against him, so he would just handle the pain until he stopped hitting him.

« You're so pathetic, you don't desserve to... »

The bullyboy stopped as someone behind him grabbed his arm, making him turn over.

« Put your hands on my brother again and I'll smash your face in a tree-trunk », the young Honeymaren threatened him while giving him a black look.

The boy bursted out laughing as she stepped toward her brother to help him to get on his feet. When she didn't see her brother in their family's tent, she knew something went wrong, she felt it. As soon as she saw him being bullied in this woods, she didn't think twice and ran to help him, even if she didn't measure up to the boy, but it didn't matter to her at this moment. She gently caressed her brother's face, trying to give him a reassuring smile as he gave her a thankful look, seeing a hint of worry into his sister's eyes.

« You're a girl and you're alone, you can not stop me, little girl », the boy sniggered as he came closer to her, violently grabbing her arm.

She winced slightly without looking away of his eyes, trying to get rid of his grip. She then felt a gentle breeze slightly whiping up her hair braid and all the fear she was feeling evaporated as her body relaxed. She then gave the stronger boy a faint smile.

« Who told you I was alone ? »

He just had the time to frown before a strong gust of wind ejected him violently away from the two siblings. He opened his eyes wide, trying to get back on his feet but the blast of air blew in his hair before it snaked in his clothes under the amused look of the young girl.

« That's enough Gale, thank you », she declared as she look up in a smile, « I think he undestood»

The blast of wind stopped to come closer to the girl as it tickled her nose. She laughed softly as the boy raised his head in direction to her, a flash of terror in his eyes.

« Y-You're...You're a monster », he stammered in a fearful voice before running away from them.

Honeymaren grabbed her brother's arm to make him rest on her shoulder to help him finding his balance.

« Thank you Maren », he breathed out slowly.

She gave him a warm smile as they started walking in direction to the camp.

« How did you do this ? », Ryder asked as his voice cracked under the pain.

She just chuckled softly and looked at him with her sparkling eyes.

«I did nothing Ry, Gale helped us »

« Oh yeah your imaginary friend », he sighed.

She gave him a sulking look.

« He's real ! He's just a spirit ! », she exclaimed while frowning, « You really think I can do this alone ? You think that I'm a monster too ?»

Ryder could hear the deception in her sister's voice. She was disappointed by his reaction. He gave her a faint smile, putting his hand on hers.