Favorite flower

Stiles lit up as Peter walked into the room with a Dr. Pepper and a vase of three Calla lilies.

"You found them," he sat up, making grabby hands for the Dr. Pepper as Noah stepped back and towards the door.

"Yeah, the gift shop had an assortment of roses and other such flowers, but I managed to find these squirreled away in the back," Peter winked as he set the small vase on Stiles' bedside.

"Thank you," Stiles smiled before the smile turned into a concerned frown.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked, taking the still unopened Dr. Pepper that Stiles was shoving into his hand.

"I don't feel so good."

Panic welled up in Peter's gut. "Don't feel so good how?"

"Should I get a nurse?" Noah turned to call for Mellissa.

"I feel like I'm gonna-" Stiles leapt from the bed, fighting with the blankets on his way. He wretched once, as he kicked the blanket free from his ankle. His hand slapping over his mouth to keep from puking all over the floor.

"Stiles," Peter put the soda down and rushed to the human's aid.

Noah now out of the room, eager to find any available nurse.

Stiles hurled into the toilet just as Peter reached his side.

"Jesus," Peter put a hand over his nose. He and puke did not get along.

"Peter I think-I think I...needanurse," Stiles slurred heavily before slumping over.

Peter used his reflexes to catch Stiles before his head could connect with the cement floor. Scooping Stiles up into his arms, he carried him back to bed.

Only when he scrambled to get his phone from his pocket did he notice his shaking hands.

-

Nurses had flooded Stiles' room forcing Peter and his dad into the hallway.

"What did you do?" Derek's angry growl could be heard from across the lobby. He was beelining for Peter.

Peter turned with wide eyes.

"Derek, Derek, listen to me, he didn't do this," Noah stepped in, before Derek could shove Peter into the nearest wall.

"I left him in your care," Derek's finger was pressed into Peter's chest harshly, ignoring the man crushed between them.

"I don't know what happened," Peter shook his head frantically.

"What did you say to him?" Derek demanded, his eyes flashing red briefly.

"Derek, don't make me force you out of here. I am still a cop," Noah shoved Derek back, forcing the alpha to meet the sheriff's eyes.

Derek didn't respond, but he was clearly not any calmer.

"He did not do this. Do you hear me? He was barely in the room when it happened. Stiles had asked for a soda, so he went to get him one. He came back and Stiles said he felt unwell. He threw up before passing out. I was there."

"I don't- I don't understand..." Derek ran a stressed hand through his hair. His anger was now melting into panic and concern.

"Hale?" Stiles' doctor said stepping out of the room then.

Noah, Peter and Derek looked at him with panicked eyes.

"He's stable, he seems to be in another mild coma. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. We're not sure, but we will be running further testing. The coma could be indicative of further trauma or it could be indicative of healing. Was anything stressful mentioned prior to his episode?"