I pushed the pictures of Calum and the man doing it away and got up when I saw him leaving the hotel.

My brain never really remembered hotel room numbers or telephone numbers, so it was quite difficult for me to find Calum's room again.

But then I started hearing small sobs and followed them, leading me to a room where the door wasn't fully closed. I saw Calum sitting on the bed, crying and decided to open the door slowly, closing it behind me.

The room smelled like smoke and sweat, it was disgusting.

"What -- what are you doing here?" Calum said in between sobs and it broke my heart.

"I don't know."

Because really, what was I doing there?

Calum's life was none of my business, I never should've come here in first place.

But, I couldn't leave now. I couldn't leave him alone.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, awkwardly standing in front of him.

From what I could tell, he was still naked, the sheets covering his private parts. His hair was messy, eyes red, probably from crying. He immediately covered his bare chest when he saw that I was eyeing him.

"Please don't l-look at me. I'm so, so disgusting."

Tears were streaming down his face again and I decided to sit down and hug him. He gripped my shirt and cried into my chest for probably half an hour, but I didn't mind.

"Can I leave you alone f-for five minutes? I w-want to take shower," he stuttered and I nodded, then unwrapped my arms from his tiny body.

He was so small.

Calum wrapped the blanket around him, then got up and walked to the bathroom which was attached to the hotel room.

I also got up and went to the really small balcony. All this was too much for me and maybe I was overreacting, but I really needed a cigarette right now.

I pulled one out and lit it up, inhaling and then blowing out the smoke.

"What am I doing here?" I whispered to myself and took another drag.

The view from the balcony wasn't pretty, you could directly look into the hotel rooms on the other side of the street and I wasn't surprised to see shadows of people having sex. 

A few more minutes passed and I just stared at the ground, smoking my cigarette.

"Smoking is really bad for your lungs," a small voice said and I turned around, seeing Calum standing there.

And he was wearing a pink sweater.

"Yeah, I know," I replied and took one last drag from the cigarette, then smudged what was left of the cancer stick onto the ashtray next to me, allowing it to die down.

"Then why do you do it?" he asked.

"It's hard to stop when you're addicted to something."

Calum nodded. "Can we go inside? It's very cold."

Now it was my turn to nod and we entered the room again, closing the door.

He sat down on the now neat bed and looked at me, then patted the spot next to him, telling me to sit down.

It was quiet for a few minutes, until I decided to break the silence.

"Why were you crying?"

"Why do you care?"

"I asked first."

He sighed and looked down at his hands, fingers playing with the end of his sweater. "I don't know. I always cry after sleeping with customers. I -- there are always so much thoughts running around my head and -- and voices that tell me that I'm disgusting.

"I hate -- I really hate myself for this. For everything," Calum said and I saw the tears forming in his eyes again. "I hate myself so much."

"Please don't say this, you shouldn't hate yourself. And don't cry, Calum. It will ruin your mascara."

He looked at me and smiled a little.

And I knew that probably everything in his life sucked, but in that moment, the smile was real.

Even if it was a small one, it was still real. 

And then he hugged me and he smelled like cherries and everything nice and I knew,

I couldn't let him live this horrible life he was living.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'M BREAKING MY OWN HEART WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

PLEASE SHOOT ME

But guys, I really like this story. Like, writing it is so much fun, wow.

Do you like it?

What are your thoughts on Calum?

Michael?

(No he does not feel love or has any other feelings towards Calum, he's just overly protective and worries a lot)

Please tell me your opinions, I always love reading them! :)

Leave votes and comments, please?

I see you next chapter (hopefully) ୨୧  

pay you with love ♡ malum (discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें