"I could escort you back." Dabi suggested politely; you gave him a small 'no thank you' in response. Taking a secretive step back you hoped it went unnoticed as you shivered when cool droplets rolled off your (h/c) tresses and down the back of your shirt. "Or you could stay with me and meet my friends?" Dabi asked sweetly although the glint in his cerulean eyes caused warning alarms to ring off inside your mind. 'I definitely need to leave before his friends get back.' You thought giving the Alpha in front of you the best polite smile you could before stealing another glance behind you to the dark forest.

"I really can't I should be getting back." Your voice shook slightly, and the dark-haired were-beast smirked at that softly. Turning on your heel you were halfway out of the cave when a calloused hand caught onto your elbow firmly. You paled. 'Fuck,' was all you could think as the heat from his hand almost charred your sparking nerves.

"Stay," Dabi's voice lost its politeness and you could smell the anger wafting off of him. It turned his already rotten scent completely rancid; you gagged. "I'm sure my friends would love to meet you." You kept your back to Dabi as he spoke and mulled over your next words.

"(Y/n)!" Shouto's voice called out from outside of the cave and you instantly could pick up on his briny-Cedar scent. It was being pumped out in apologetic waves obviously in attempt to coax you back to him. You were never so happy to hear his voice. 'Thank the gods!' You sighed inwardly and felt yourself calm when Dabi released you. Casting him a glare you saw confusion clear on his face he cleared his emotions with a quick shake of his head.

"Don't mention me." Dabi's voice was firm and before you could answer he shifted. A large all black wolf took his spot and bounded off deeper into the cave. Taking your opportunity, you ran towards the scent of the salty scent of the ocean eagerly; already forgiving the dual toned Alpha for his emotional outburst.

"Shouto!" You yelled at when you couldn't find him in the dark. A slight scream passed your full lips when a soft warm hand grasped your uninjured waist. You were pulled back against a muscular chest and a strong arm wrapped around you midriff to press you closer to them. Woodsy ocean instantly enveloped your senses and you relaxed into Shouto's embrace when he laid his forehead against your shoulder. 'Don't think into it.' You repeated inwardly hoping the blush clinging to your sun kissed face but to no avail it remained stubborn.

"I'm sorry," it was spoken softly against your wet skin and fought back tears at the tone of endearment in his desperate apology. "I just I find it so hard to trust humans and I really need to be able to trust you." Shouto continued and you bit back your questions for now. You wanted to hear him out. "I really need you to believe me when I say I'm trying to get over my own trauma." Shouto's voice was heavy with a thousand different emotions so you tried releasing some calming pheromones of your own to help the stressed Alpha. He took in a deep breath and you sighed quietly as his hot sigh blew against the scent glands on your neck. "I just need more time before I," Shouto stopped himself and you felt him shake his head slowly 'no'. 'Before you what?' You asked yourself before feeling him relax into your calming scent.

"I forgive you Shouto." You spoke wholeheartedly and smiled softly although he couldn't see it. "Can you tell me why you don't like humans?" You asked and felt him slowly untangle himself from you and you turned to face him. His multicolored gaze held sorrow and regret, but he nodded and turned to lead you back to the village. You followed.

"I wasn't born into this pack," he started his story casting you a sideways glance; you flushed when your gazes met. "My family is actually in charge of a large pack just south of here. We live near the beach." Shouto spoke making sure to keep his gait easy so you could keep pace with him as you both journeyed back home. 'That's why his scent reminds me of the ocean.' You thought excitedly happy to have one of your many questions answered. "We used to trade regularly with a pack further down on the beach. I believe it may have been yours." You froze at Shouto's comment; you were that close to a were-beast pack and yet you were told they all lived in the forest. Another lie noted from your village. "Turns out they weren't to be trusted." His face fell from its stoic expression and into a scowl. For fear he wasn going to hold in his emotions again you spoke up.

"What happened?" You asked and the Alpha flinched before steadying his voice.

"My mother and one of my elder brothers were out for a run while being shifted. I snuck behind them when I was supposed to stay and train with my father." Shouto spoke smiling at the memory of his once happy family. "My brother Touya noticed me instantly but kept me hidden from my mother. He treated my disobedience towards our father like a game. We always got into trouble together." Shouto laughed sadly casting a small smile to you which you instantly returned. 'For someone so stoic he seems to have suffered greatly.' You thought to yourself while the were-beast Alpha mulled over his own thoughts. "I was clumsy in my youth." Shouto directed the hateful tone towards himself. "My brother had to push me out of the way from a hunter's trap and got caught in it himself." You paled at the idea of what it must be like to get a limb caught in the metal maw of the traps you'd seen Vaea use. "My mother panicked and tried getting him free which she was able to, but the hunters had already swarmed us. They both took the defensive and forced me to hide." Shouto spoke sighing sadly to himself he pressed forwards with his memory, and you couldn't help but wanting to reach out and comfort him. Giving in you intertwined your hands and he gave a small 'thank you' before continuing his story. "I watched as the killed my mother and somehow captured Touya. I'm sure the made him a spectacle before ending his life as well." Shouto spoke and you felt yourself grow sick. 'Vaea did bring home to wolf pelts nine years ago. There's no way it could be them.' You whispered mentally to yourself guilt heavy in your mood.

"I'm so sorry." You spoke and the Alpha merely shrugged your comment away.

"You didn't harm them. Anyways that's the day I got my scar." Shouto spoke lifting the hand that you weren't holding to brush his fingers over the burned skin softly. You frowned hoping he didn't find the scar you thought beautiful as a anything less. "I had to fight off one hunter who just wanted to torture me. His weapon of choice was boiling water." He spoke and didn't' explain further but you already knew what had happened. It was always a form of punishment you saw the elders in the village use towards those they deemed worthy. "I ran away a few years later and I've been with them for about three years now." Shouto spoke as you stood at the edge of the village.

"How long ago was it?" You asked wanting to make sure it wasn't Vaea who had harmed his family. Plus, Vaea had lost all but two of his hunters on that group thanks to a were-beast. There was no way Shouto's family had been subdued and took down a group of hunters.

"I'd say nine winters. Enough of my sorrows for now let's head to bed in the cave." Shouto spoke dropping your hand and walking into the village lit by a campfire. You nodded numbly and followed him into the quiet village. Everyone was in the cave when you entered although they were shifted. Shouto shifted too and laid by himself near a cuddling brown doe and green maned lion. Ashido chuffed at you from where her pink head laid on the side of a black furred fox. You spotted Denki's bright yellow and black tipped tail was draped over her wide back and smiled when he chirped at you. He was obviously happy you were back. Hitoshi was curled onto his side facing away from everyone snoring softly; it caused you to smile at the jaguar. Tenya slept with his dark furred back pressed against Izuku's and Katsuki and Eijiro slept shifted curled around each other. Sighing you decided to ignore the fact that your brother may have killed Shouto's mother and brother for the night. You just wanted to stop thinking about Shouto and the mysterious Dabi you'd met today. You slid in between Ashido and Denki and relaxed into their warmth and soft fur. You felt completely safe and one thing echoed through your mind. 'This is home.'

A/N: Vote & Comment! Thanks for 400 reads! I know that isn't how Shouto got his scar n the show and that Dabi has scars but this my au and that's how I'm writing it. Plus, I'm a sucker for a tragic backstory and Dabi and Shouto just scream 'give me one' lol thanks for reading and have a great day.