The Gambler

Slow down, we've got time left to be lazy

"You know you don't have to work yourself to death?" Draco rolled onto his side, golden hair floating around his head and thin white sheets covering him modestly from the waist down, displaying expanses of creamy pale skin, to face Harry.

"Who's gonna work if I don't?"

"Retire."

"What?"

"You heard me. You've done enough for seven life-times Harry, you can't live forever. Your hips are already bothering you, let it rest."

"... I'll think about it."

All the kids have bloomed from babies into flowers in our eyes

"I can't believe she graduated ten years ago. It seems like last week we were walking her to the platform for the first time." Harry traced his fingers longingly over the photograph of their daughter graduating hogwarts.

"Yeah." Draco rested a head on his husband's shoulders. "She's grown up well though. I'm proud of her."

"Me too. So proud."

We've got fifty good years left to spend out in the garden

"C'mon Draco, you can't go your entire life not riding a ferris wheel!"

"It's a stupid muggle machine- I don't trust machines, you know this."

None the less, the blond followed Harry through the crowds, if only to see the smile on his face, climbing into the large contraption with a nervous tic in his left wrist.

I don't care to beg your pardon

They got to the top, the sunset and carnival lights creating a beautiful scene amongst the dark surrounding scenery and sky. Harry immediately put an arm around his husband, kissing him until he couldn't breathe, both of them pulling away and pressing their foreheads against one anothers.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Retire."

"Okay."

"Harry plea- wait what?"

Harry laughed quietly. "Okay. I'll retire."

"Oh thank god." Draco lunged at him again, captivating him in an intense kiss. "Thank you."

"No, thank you."

We should live until we die

Moans and sweat tangled in the air as Harry suckled his way across Dracos throat, a stasis charm on the bed to prevent it from slamming into the wall as Harry pulled out and pounded back into the other, keeping every noise the beautiful boy below him made categorized.

We were barely 18 when we crossed collective hearts, It was cold, but it got warm when you barely crossed my eye

Hogwarts ten-year reunion. Everyone was twenty-eight, most had jobs, some had relationships. Harry had been scanning the crowds for one person in particular- and couldn't help but smile when he spotted none other than Draco Malfoy across the hall.

And then you turned, put out your hand

"Potter."

"Malfoy. Good to see you."