01

"I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world that I'm coming home."
~Coming home; Diddy ft Skylar Grey

Olisa

After eight agonizing hours, the airplane finally touched down in Lagos, Nigeria. The minute it was announced that passengers can begin to disembark from the plane, I wasted no time in bringing down my hand luggage from the overhead compartment.

As I stepped off the plane, I could already feel the slight heat in the air and a small smile came to my face at the familiarity. Home.

I walked to the custom area and after everything was sorted off, I spent a little while getting my luggage. While I waited in line, I powered on my phone and immediately called my mom.

She picked on the third ring. "Good afternoon, Mum." I greeted as I spotted my luggage.

"Akaolisa." She called my full name. "Have you landed already?"

"Yes, ma." I responded, putting my phone between my ear and my shoulder blade as I attempted to carry my heavy boxes, my backpack already rested on both my shoulders.

"Glory be to God. I sent Paul to pick you up over an hour ago, he should be there by now." She informed me, referring to the driver. "Let me call him and get back to you."

"Okay, ma." I said and she hung up. I went to go find somewhere to seat while I waited, occupying myself by scrolling through my phone. I had a couple of text messages from my close friends, already making plans to hang out.

I haven't been home in over two years and I was eager to link up with my boys after all that time so I quickly responded to their messages. My mom then called and informed me that the driver was already in the park so with my luggage in tow, I made my way to him.

Paul was a new driver working for my parents so I wasn't familiar with him. We greeted each other but I wasn't all that interested in making conversation as I quickly got into the air conditioned car. I missed home but I didn't miss the heat of the scorching sun at all. This was one of the many reasons I preferred London, although, it had its moments as well with the weather getting very chilly at times. However, I would take that cold over this heat any day.

The ride to MGM Estates took about two hours due to the traffic so I was glad when the car finally pulled into the driveway. I hastily got out and went to get my stuff.

I was barely at the trunk area when I heard a loud scream as I saw my sister run down the stairway. She was in full speed and eventually ended up crashing into me, and pushing my back into the car hard.

She gripped me tightly and I couldn't help but reciprocate the excitement she felt as I held on to her, my hand wrapped around her slim torso.

Finally, she pulled away. "I missed your big head." Kam said with a wide grin.

I chuckled as I moved away from her. "I missed you too, Kams."

She held me close and only allowed me get my backpack before pulling me up the stairs and into the house. "Sorry I couldn't come get you from the airport. I had classes since morning and I'm only just getting back from school."

Kamsy attends the Pan Atlantic University, Lagos, where she is studying accounting. She had the option to go with me to London for school but chose not to because she didn't want to be away from her boyfriend and her numerous friends. Plus, she had very little interest in school as she had already made a name for herself on social media and was earning quite a lot from advertising brands, not that she needed the money as an Amadi.