tooth and claw 2.3

Start from the beginning

______

The first place everyone went to was the gun room to get something to protect themselves with. A steward was handing out guns to all the men. Robert and Isobel reunited with each other.

"I can't leave you!" Isobel cried to her husband. "What will I do?"

"I must defend her Majesty. Now, don't think of me, just go"

Isobel kissed Robert. After that, she was urging all the women to go with her. "All of you, at my side. Come on!"

Both The Doctor and Nova were removing the shackles from Rose and Tate with their sonic screwdrivers. "It could be any form of light modulated species triggered by specific wavelengths" The Doctor said. "Did it say what it wanted?"

"The Queen, the Crown, the throne - you name it" Rose answered.

A noise came from outside. It sounded like something bursting through a wooden door. "Stay here" Nova said. The Doctor grabbed her wrist before she could leave. She looked up at him and saw the worried look in his eyes.

"Please," he begged. "Be careful"

Nova smiled and caressed his cheek. "I will" The Doctor gave her smile before she stepped foot into the empty corridor. Even though it was dark, the only source of light coming from the moon outside, she could clearly see the werewolf standing at the end of the corridor. It growled and made eye contact with her. It snarled at her and she took that as a sign to run back into the room. She ran right to The Doctor, who caught her and protectively wrapped his arms around her. "It's coming!" she warned.

A line of men stood with their guns ready to fire. The werewolf tried entering the room, but the men fired their guns, scaring the creature away for now. "All right, you men" The Doctor said. "We should retreat upstairs. Come with me"

The steward turned to look at The Doctor. "I'll not retreat" He stated. "The battle's done. There's no creature on God's Earth that could survive such an assault"

"I'm telling you," The Doctor stepped closer to the steward. "come upstairs!"

"And I'm telling you, sir, I will sleep well tonight with that thing's hide upon my wall" The steward took a step into the corridor and then looked back. He had a prideful smirk on his face. "It must have crawled away to die" He spoke too soon because he was hoisted up to the ceiling by the werewolf.

"There's nothing we can do!" The Doctor admitted. He gave both Rose and Tate a gentle push, urging them to run ahead up the stairs, before he grabbed onto Nova's hand and ran alongside her.

______

In the staircase, the Tardis team and Robert reunited with Victoria. "Your Majesty?" Robert beckoned out to her. "Your Majesty!"

"Sir Robert?" Victoria asked as she came running down the stairs. "What's happening? I've heard such terrible noises!"

"Your Majesty, we've got to get out. But what of Father Angelo? Is he still here?"

Victoria hesitated a bit before answering. "Captain Reynolds disposed of him"

The Doctor came back from checking the front door. "The front door's no good, it's been boarded shut. Pardon me, Your Majesty. You'll have to leg it out of a window"

Victoria held her head up high as lead the way into the drawing room. Robert then stepped in front of her. "Excuse my manners, Ma'am, but I shall go first, the better to assist Her Majesty's egress"

"A noble sentiment, my Sir Walter Raleigh" Victoria agreed.

The Doctor spoke in his natural London accent. "Yeah, any chance you could hurry up?" Robert opened the window and the monks outside opened fire. Everyone ducked down for cover. "I reckon the monkey boys want us to stay inside"