tooth and claw 2.2

Start from the beginning

"So there is, ma'am"

______

Rose was looking through a wardrobe for a dress to wear. She heard a knock on her temporary bedroom door. "Come in!" she invited. The door opened and Tate walked in. Rose smiled when she saw him. "Hello Tate. You look very dashing" 

"Oh, thank you" Tate grinned. He changed into a tailored suit with a long coat. "I would have worn the top hat, but I just would have looked silly"

"I would love to see you in a top hat" Rose laughed as she reached into the wardrobe. She pulled out a blue velvet dress with white tassels on it. She held it against her. "What do you think of this?"

"I think you would look very beautiful in it"

Rose blushed and smiled at him. "Thank you" She placed the dress on the bed and walked over to another wardrobe. "How come nobody was calling Nova naked? She's wearing pretty much the same thing as me, just with more leg" Rose opened the other wardrobe and screamed when she saw a woman hiding inside it.

"Please, don't scream" The woman said. "I don't mean you any harm"

"Why are you hiding in a wardrobe?" Tate asked.

The woman stepped out of the wardrobe. She went over to the bed and sat down. Rose and Tate joined her, sitting on either side of her. The frightened woman began to explain. "They came through the house. In the excitement they took the Steward and the Master, and my Lady"

"Listen" Rose started. She grabbed onto the woman's hand. "We've got two friends. The Doctor and The Nightingale. They'll know what to do. You've got to come with us"

"But I can't Miss" the woman shook her head.

"What's your name?" Tate asked.

"Flora"

"Flora" Rose repeated. "We'll be safe. There's more people arrived downstairs, soldiers and everything, and they can help us. I promise. Come on. Okay? Come on" The three of them got off the bed. Rose opened the bedroom door and peeked her head into the corridor. She looked both left and right, checking to see if the coast was clear. "Alright. It's clear. I'll stay in front, while Tate will stay behind you"

The three of them carefully walked out of the room. The moment they round a corner, they found one of the soldiers lying on the floor. "Oh, Mister and Miss" Flora gasped. "I did warn you" Rose and Tate both got down beside him to check whether he was alive or not. Rose checked for a pulse on his neck, while Tate looked for one on his wrist. 

"He's not dead" Rose said.

"He's probably drugged or something" Tate concluded. Out of nowhere, Father Angelo, posing as a servant, came up from behind and grabbed Flora. Two more monks posing as servants grabbed Rose and Tate, and a fourth came to remove the soldier from the corridor.

______

After dealing with Flora, Rose, and Tate, Angelo made his way to the dining area. "Your companions beg an apology, Mr. and Mrs. Doctor" He said to The Doctor and Nova. The two of them sat beside each other while Victoria and Reynolds sat across from them. Robert sat on the other side of Nova. "The girl's clothing has somewhat delayed her, and as for the boy, I'm afraid he said he has fallen ill. He's currently resting"

"Oh, that's all right" The Doctor said. "Save them a wee bit of ham"

"The feral children could probably eat it raw" Victoria chided.

Reynolds let out a laugh. "Very wise, Ma'am. Very witty"

"Slightly witty, perhaps. I know you rarely get the chance to dine with me, Captain, but don't get too excited. I shall contain my wit in case I do you further injury"