Chapter 4: An Offer Delilah Definitely Refused

Start from the beginning

"Lucky," Dill frowned. "I don't know a song about pickles." Delilah laughed loudly and Mrs. Alderman hid her laughter behind her hand even though her shoulders shook.

♦️♦️♦️

Delilah gladly played for her two friends and Freddie who, as Dill said, didn't judge, for he is a cat. Dill smiled at her proudly.

"You've still got it, Delilah, dear," Mrs. Alderman smiled. Delilah blushed.

"It's been a long while since we played. I was scared my fingers were going to bleed just now because of it," Delilah explained, nursing her fingers.

"I'll get you ice-"

"It's okay, Dill. It's not unbearable. I need to wash up, anyways, for we have another customer."

♦️♦️♦️

Raph came to the shop at exactly 10:05, a millisecond after Delilah flicked off the lights. She jumped as he flung open the door and entered, but then laughed.

"Surprise, mother fucker," Raph smirked. Delilah rolled her eyes.

"Hey, dumbass." Raph scoffed. "Just you tonight?"

"Is there a problem with that?"

"No."

"Then it's just me."

"Okay," Delilah smiled.

"But, I need to take you somewhere," Raph stated. Delilah looked confused. "Mikey, Casey, and I decided that we trust you enough to take you to where we live."

"Oh..."

"You don't have to, we can just stay here," he suggested quickly.

"I want to, I just forgot if I fed Freddie yet..." She thought. "I did, okay. We leave now, or...?"

"Sure. Let's go out of the staff door to be safe."

"A-okay."

♦️♦️♦️

Delilah had never felt so close to free-flying in her life. Raph was carrying her bridal-style and was racing across rooftops, and she was full of adrenaline. They stopped near the Empire State Building, and Raph put her down. She gained her balance and looked around the city in awe.

"I've never seen the city from up here before..." she whispered. "And you do this every night?" She asked, turning to Raph. He was trying not to smile, but Delilah only saw a smirk.

"Yeah. I guess I'm used to it," he shrugged. She scoffed, turning back to the city.

"I would never. I'd always be amazed." He let his smile take full shape.

"Where do you guys live?" She asked, still looking out.

"We're close, I'm just letting you get your fill before we go because I know it's new and you want to take it in," Raph shrugged. She looked back and smiled at him. His heart nearly melted but he didn't dare show it.

"I'm ready when you are." He nodded and offered her his hand, which she took.

"Ready for me to pick you up?"