Sparks

Asami ended up dragging Korra out to a bar. Her recent recovery and 3 years away from Republic City was due for some celebration. And the fact that Korra has never been out drinking before was a reason in itself to go. The young avatar was a nervous wreck... tucking her short chestnut hair behind her ear as her friend lead her through the sea of bodies by hand. She took note of the softness of Asami's warm fingers grasping her palm and realized this was the first time ever touching her skin.

Asami peered back at her with an excited smile and asked her something, but Korra's gaze only landed on those moving rouge lips in a trance.

"Korra?" Asami waved her free hand in front of the avatar's face, snapping her back to focus.

"What?!" Korra blinked and finally giving her attention.

"I asked if you were okay? Your face is red!" The engineer leaned in to examine the avatar closer, which caused her face to heat up more. Korra wasn't sure why she was feeling so nervous with her friend. But she quickly flashed her a cheesy grin and waved frantically in front of her face as if swatting a fly.

"I'm great!" she exclaimed and kept following Asami until they reached the bar.

After three drinks, the young avatar began to feel a bit too woozy but wasn't nervous anymore due to the cactus juice. Asami limited herself to just one drink since she knew that it would impair her driving later. She enjoyed Korra's company immensely. She was her only girl friend who she could talk easily to. If she could, she would label her as a best friend.

"And then I punched him right in the face!" Asami smacked her fist down into the palm of her hand while making Korra laugh loudly at her story. " So he gets up, stomps over to me with this pissed off face and bloody nose, grabs my hand and says, 'Miss Sato! You are a fine young lady with a damn good swing! Where is that contract?' And I made the company millions with that one deal!"

Korra bellowed out her laughter while holding her stomach, leaning over to the side nearly falling out of her barstool had not for her friend to reel her back in balance by the arm.

"Oh my god," Korra heaves out a long sigh to catch her breath. Asami's hand clutched on her right bicep to keep the young avatar from falling. Korra proceeded to sit up straight and flex it, earning a laugh from the engineer.

Asami's lips pursed with a smirk and gave her a playful, flirtatious look. "Oh my goodness! Avatar Korra, have you been working out?" She giggled while playing out her silly banter.

"Why yes, I have, Miss Sato..." Korra grinned and hopped of the bar stool and lifted her tank up to reveal her abdomen. Asami's smile disappeared into a gawking gape. Her eyes scanned over the avatar's sculpted core. Light, mocha skin stretched tightly over those strong muscles that nearly formed into a six pack. Rouge lips tightened as the business woman's heart nearly sprang out of her chest.

The young CEO cleared her throat and turned back to the bar, sipping her drink. "S-so... how's your parents?"

Korra hopped back into her seat, noting the abrupt subject change but went along with it. "Oh, they are fine... actually they are amazing." She placed both hands around her glass of cactus juice with a small blush on her cheeks. "I... wasn't exactly the easiest to take care of while I was getting better."

"Well I wouldn't say you are the easiest to deal with at times but the love and care for others make it possible," Asami gave her a soft smile. "We all care about you, Korra. Not just because you are the Avatar but because we love you."

Korra's face started to get hot again... in fact her whole body felt like it was on fire. She couldn't take it anymore. She downed the rest of her fourth beverage.