"What's up..." he said, turning his body to her side.

"Do you think I am crazy?" she lied. Knowing well that's not what she wanted to say.

"Is this about earlier?" he said with a more sorrow tone.

"Perhaps..."

"Well then no, of course I don't think your crazy. You've just had a rough week and whatever you say was a mistake. It happens Ames."

"Yeah..." she nervously laughed "Just saw something. That's all"

"What did you see?"

Amy then froze not knowing what to say.

"Uhhh.. I-eeeh.. Saw." she stuttered, glancing her eyes to the right "A knife! Yes! A knife...Hehe. No lies here bro"

"Oh, thank god. I thought you were gonna say you saw a ghost or something" Jake said waving his hands."and then I was going to think you were going a bit cuckoo" he finished, making a face and waving his finger in a circular motion at his head.

"HAHA."she yelled in the most fakest laugh" Well! Glad I'm not seeing capser the ghost! Is it cold out here? It's cold out here! Wanna go inside? Let's go inside!" she said, as quick as ever, pouncing to her feet. But she was stopped by jakes grip over her wrist.

"Like I said, you know I'm here to talk. Right?"

Amy then smiled, turned her body and grabbed his other hand.

"Of course."

She then wrapped her arms around his neck, gazing into his eyes. He then creased his signature smile and placed his lips onto her small ones.

"We better get going inside though, or captain will have a static fit." she broke.

"yip"

* * *

"Detective,and Sargeant Santiago. Your late" said holt, in his low monotone average voice. "Care to explain?"

"I.. Um" Amy stuttered.

"I slept in. Again. Sorry sir."jake intervened, saving her innocence.

"Not a surprise peralta. Surely you do know what alarms are for?"

"Ppfftt...of course I know." he scoffed "I actually only get up to your alarm. I have no clue how to set mine up." he said, leaning over and whispering next to Amy.

"Good. Then use it. Don't let it happen again" Holt replied, returning back into his office.

"Got it dad!" jake then turned and sighed "God, I really need to stop doing that."

"Yeah. You've got real daddy issues..."

"Title of your sex tape, anyways! I'll catch you in a momento. Me and Boyle have a case file to catch up on. Later"

Amy lifted her hand slightly and waved. She settled herself onto her old work desk right next to her and started logging on, but heard a sudden slam next to her desk.