c h a p t e r • 12

Liliana

"Where are we going again?" I ask.

"To our old school." Sam says.

"You know when I told you to go to hell, I didn't literally mean it." Kyle says to Sam.

Sam shoots him a look but he just grins and throws an arm over her shoulder.

"Why do you want to go to our old school?" I ask.

"I don't know. For the old times, I guess." She shrugs.

"And where are the rest?" I ask.

"You know, you ask too many questions." She says, bopping my nose and I roll my eyes.

"It's not my fault you guys pulled me out of my house without telling me what we're doing and decided to walk instead of using the car as if we don't already have enough." I say.

"It's for the older times." Sam groans.

"Geez, try being a little athletic, sis." Kyle pats my head and I huff.

"This is stupid." I cross my arms. "And what older times are you talking about? We don't walk to school like ever."

"Kyle, what time is it?" Sam asks Kyle, totally ignoring me.

"I'm not sure but it's definitely not the time to hear someone complaining. Oh, how horrible it would be if someone started complaining." Kyle says and I give him a blank look.

"Oh, yes. It would be upsetting." Sam nods and I roll my eyes.

"Cheer up, Lil. Ryder will be there." She says and my mind wanders back to what happened last week.

I give her a tight lipped smile and she goes back to talking with Kyle.

I walk behind them with my arms crossed while staring at them like a creep.

Imagine having a non-problematic life. Couldn't be me. My life is literally like a wattpad book gone wrong.

"We're here! We're here!" Sam exclaims and I sigh in relief.

Never thought I would be so happy to see my school.

I saw Ryder's car and Landon's.

Poor James probably had the same fate as mine.

"I feel so nostalgic." Sam says, walking in the gates.

"It looks the same." I comment, with a dull tone.

"Stop being such a party pooper." Kyle says.

"What are we even doing here?" I ask as we approach Ryder who was now leaning on the hood of his car.

"I don't know." Sam trailed off. "I don't think I thought this through."

"Finally!" James exclaims. "What made you think walking here was a good idea?!"

"Exactly!" I exclaim.