Chapter 1

Niall's POV

There he is.

Louis Tomlinson.

The guy of my dreams.

The perfect caramel haired, blue eyed angel with a voice the sounds like a million orchestras, walking towards my direction and here I am, hoping that he would actually talk to me.

But of course, my hopes were only burned to the ground as Louis approached Harry who happens to be right behind me, not me.

 "Hey Harry" Louis said.

"Hey babe, I missed you" Harry said and I watched at the corner of my eye as the both of them hugged each other gave each other soft pecks on the lips. I gulped and proceeded on getting any book from my locker to pretend that I was actually doing something.

The advantage and disadvantages of having a locker almost beside Harry Styles's locker. The advantage is that I get to occasionally see Louis talk to him. I can watch Louis' mouth as he speak and I can stare at his eyes forever. The disadvantage is seeing the person I love, love someone else.

I looked at the two of them for the last time and silently sighed to myself because Louis Tomlinson will never look at me the way he looks at his boyfriend, Harry Styles. 

"Hey Niall" someone said, interrupting me from my hopeless thoughts.

"Hey Liam" I said, looking at my best friend, probably my only friend.

"The bell rang minutes ago, let's get to class unless you want to continue staring" Liam said, raising an eyebrow at me and I just rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm so we can get away from the awkwardness.

"Maybe you should tell him how you feel" Liam said.

"Are you crazy? He will just laugh at me and Harry will probably even humiliate me!" I said, glaring at Liam.

"But I feel so sad seeing you want him so bad and not doing anything about it" Liam said.

"I deserve it for being a nobody" I said.

"Don't say that, you're not a nobody!" Liam said and I just rolled my eyes in response. Easy for him to say. He's one of the most athletic guys in school so he can get any girl he wants, meanwhile, I'm just a little fag who does nothing but eat all day long.

And it's unfair because everyone knows I'm a fag and makes fun of me for it, while Harry and Louis can just touch each other in public and still get labeled as the best couple in school.

Life is never fair.

Especially when it comes to me.

"Stop looking so down, you know what? How about I treat you to Nandos later?" Liam said and I smiled at how he's such a good friend and the idea of eating all I want and not paying for it.

"Sure" I said and went into Chemistry class in a brighter mood, and what made everything even better is when Louis walked into class without Harry and sat right in front of me.

I knew he only sat there because Zayn was on the seat beside him but I still cursed and thanked the world because I knew I would be doing nothing for one hour except stare at the back of his neck.

"What are you staring at faggy?" Zayn Malik, Louis' best friend, said, noticing that I've been staring at Louis' back for a a full minute now.

"Nothing" I lied "Just the particles in the air" 

"Weirdo" Zayn muttered.

"Leave him alone Zayn" Liam and Louis both said at the same time, and I couldn't believe it.

Louis actually defended me from his best friend! I wanted to stand up and scream and just hug everyone but I knew I couldn't so I just continued sitting down and gave Liam a small smile.

Zayn just rolled his eyes and went back to telling Louis a story about a girl he just banged.

"Someone's certainly happy" Liam said as I dragged him to the cafeteria.

"He defended me from his own demon best friend! Who wouldn't be happy?" I said, lining up to buy some snacks.

"Hey, I defended you too!" Liam said.

"I know, but you always do and I appreciate that but it just feels really nice when the guy you like is the one who actually defends you" I said, smiling at Liam.

"So you don't like me?" Liam asked, pouting.

"I do! I love you! As my best friend of course, but Louis is..."

"I'm what?" someone said from behind me and I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

"You're....cool" I said, finally looking at the boy behind me.

"I'm...cool?" Louis asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, with your Toms and your chinos. Not to mention you look really good in stripes" I said, mumbling the first things that come to my mind and Liam isn't even helping at all!

"Alright, you're pretty cool too. Especially your accent" Louis said and gave me one last smile before joining Zayn and Harry on a table.

"ohmyogd Liam"

"Okay Niall, keep calm. You don't wanna lose your cool in the middle of the cafeteria do you?"

"But Liam-"

"Niall, just go buy something"

"Liam!"

"Hey fag! You're keeping us waiting!" somebody from behind Liam shouted and I just rolled my eyes and bought a sandwich but I still had a small smile on my face as I sat down on an empty table.

"That's twice today" Liam said as he sat down across me with a grin on his face.

"I know!! But that won't change the fact that I have as much chance with Louis as a turtle trying win against a cheetah and an eagle in a race" I said, biting into my sandwich.

"But that's more than the usual!" Liam said, smiling at me.

"Just stop talking about it Liam, I don't want to get my hopes up" I said, trying to rub my cheeks so the blush would fade away.

"Wow, just a few minutes ago you wanted to burst in happiness" Liam said, rolling his eyes at my sudden change of attitude.

"A few minutes ago I was blinded from reality"

"Seriously Niall, either you believe in yourself or move on" Liam said.

"I'm trying to move on but I can't!" I said, banging my head on the table. "His eyes, his smile, his voice. I can't get away from all those!" I continued.

"Why not look for somebody new?" Liam asked.

"Even if I look, the only person I'll ever see is Louis!" I said.

"Have you even tried searching?" Liam asked.

"I told you. I can't. It's like my head is telling me to look somewhere else but my heart tells me that the only direction I have to look at is his" I said, blushing deeply because I sound like some hopeless romantic. But I am.

"Have you tried flirting with him?" Liam asked.

"No! Why would I? He has a boyfriend" I said "look Liam, let's stop. I'm feeling even more hopeless"

"If Louis won't like you I know someone will!"

"Who?"

"I don't know. Someone who would fall face flat on the floor as soon as he sees you"

"Stop joking Liam" I said as I stood up to buy another sandwich "No one would fall for a loser like me"

A/N: Woooo! A Nouis one!! Since I can't update Nouis or Nothing anymore. I just wrote this~