Chapter 17

Liam's POV

I searched around the school frantically. Suddenly, I saw the Janitor's closet open and Louis was coming out of it, I was just about to ask him if he saw Niall when Niall came out after him, his hair slightly ruffled and the first buttons of his polo were unbuttoned.

At first I had no idea why the two would be hiding in the closet but then the blissful look on Niall's face told me everything I needed to know, and I wish it hadn't.

I watched them give each other quick pecks and finally, they departed from each other.

"Niall" I said, walking quickly to Niall. He sighed deeply one more time before snapping and realizing I talked to him.

"Oh hey Lili, I haven't seen you in a while" he says with a slight tone of sadness in his voice that caused my heart to be buried in regret. 

"S-sorry" I stuttered, frowning at myself because I've been avoiding Niall, but then I remembered what I was gonna tell him.

"Niall" I say "be careful"

"Of what?" he asks, looking confused.

"Oh Harry...please Niall, he’s planning to do something and you know Harry, he has a lot of connections. He found out about you and Louis, so please be careful. He might hurt you" I said.

"What? How?" Niall asked, looking worried and nervous at the same time.

"I have no idea" I say.

"What should I do Lili?" Niall asked, looking straight into my eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes, oh how I wish I could wake up staring into them every morning.

I knew what I was thinking was selfish, and I knew it was the best thing to do at the same time. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath while mustering all my courage before opening my eyes to look at NIall again.

"You need to break up with him"

Niall and I looked at each other in an awkward silence before Niall decided to break it off.

"WHAT!?" he screamed.

"N-Niall, listen to me" I say as I try to reason.

"Why the hell would I break up with my boyfriend? The only boys who actually loves me for me! The only boy who actually loves me. Period" Niall said, and for the first time in a very long time, I see anger in his eyes.

What should I say? Because his boyfriend's crazy ex-boyfriend is planning to do something completely horrible? Because they don't look good together? Because Louis has a reputation to keep up?

"Because I love you" I said before thinking.

NIall's POV

"Because I love you"

As soon as those words came out of Liam's mouth, I stared at him in disbelief. Liam? My best friend and my used to be ONLY friend and the most athletic guy in the school loves me?

But then I realize, of course he loves me. I'm his best friend. Boys that are best buddies normally don't tell each other they love her, but mine and Liam's friendship is different.

I sighed in relief and smiled at him "aww Lili, I love you too but our love for each other is different from mine and Louis' love"

"NO NIALL!" he shouted, "I DO NOT LOVE YOU AS BEST FRIENDS ONLY OKAY? I AM IN LOVE ITH YOU" he shouts in expiration.

I stood there, staring at him. This can't be true. But the hopeless look in his eye confirmed that it was.

"H-how long?" I asked.