Is it Better to be Feared or Loved?

Far away, Voss was running. He was running to the white kings palace. The white king, Tino, was walking through the garden with his subjects. "The trees seem sad. Have you tried talking to them?" Tino asked Matthew. "Yes, your grace." Matthew said. "Perhaps a bit kinder?" Tino suggested with a gentle smile. "Tino!" Voss yelled. Tino saw Voss. "Please excuse me." Tino said to his subjects. They bowed and left. Tino rushed to Voss. "Voss. What's the matter?" Tino asked. "Kirkland. Peter Kirkland has returned." Voss said, panting. "Where is he now?" Tino asked, looking for the boy. "In Salazan Grumm. Forgive me. I let him diverge from the path." Voss said sadly. "Oh no no. That is exactly where he will find the Vorpal sword. We have our champion." Tino said with a smile. "Now rest dear friend. You have done well." Tino praised. Voss practically passed out. Tino laughed a little. Back at the Red Kings palace, Peter wandered in the courtyard. He spotted the hedgehog he had freed earlier. "Have you seen a hat by any chance?" Peter asked. The hedgehog nodded and pointed at a hat that was halfway hidden in a topiary. Peter collected the hat an brushed some dirt off of it. Elsewhere in the palace, Viktor was on his balcony. "I need to find Kirkland before he slays General winter. General winter is the only thing keeping my brothers people from overthrowing me." Viktor growled. Xiao nodded. "Why do they love him and not me?" Viktor wondered. Gilen snuck into the room when they weren't looking and quickly hid behind a table that held the oraculum. "Men. Women. Even the furniture adore my brother." Viktor sighed. "What about your wife?" Xiao asked, glancing down at the tar river where the head of Natasha floated. Viktor looked at it too. "I had to. If I didn't, she would've left me." Viktor explained. Gilen quickly grabbed the oraculum. "Sire, is it better to be feared or loved?" Xiao asked. "I'm not sure." Viktor said thoughtfully. "I don't need them. I have you." Viktor said with a smile as he wrapped his arms around Xiao. Xiao closed his eyes, trying his best not to pull away. Gilen quickly exited the room.