30) Preperation continues

Conall wakes up a bit in shock when he realises that he just fell asleep on the table. He looks around quickly to see if no one is nearby, but he spots soon enough that the sun didn't even rise yet. He quickly cleans the desk, so no one knows what is going on and then he starts to stand up. He goes to Bella and together with her he walks outside.

While he is standing outside he is enjoying the fresh air, and he is happy when he realises that he can start to train again. This is also the first thing he will be doing this morning, and together with the sunrise he starts to make a round around the whole lake. Bella is running happily together with Conall, glad that she has these morning walks back.

When Conall returns back at the castle he sees that Ashley woke up as well and he waves to her. She waves back and gestures that he needs to come to her. So Conall walks towards her.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Conall says, while he sits down to get some breath. His condition went backwards since he couldn't run for a while, and he can already feel that that has a big effect.

"I am amazing, it is a beautiful time and if I am correct then it will start snowing any moment." Ashley says while she looks at the sky. Conall looks up as well and he sees that there are coming more and more clouds. He can also feel that is it getting colder, but that isn't a bother for him. He keeps walking without shoes, and he doesn't even feel the cold surrounding his feet.

"Yeah I can see. I am really looking forward to the snow. One of the best thing that nature created." Conall says, but he keeps a mental note. If it is going to start with snowing then he should change his training schedule. They can't train the same way when there is laying snow, and they need to take this condition in their training. What if it is going to freeze during the second task, it is after all taking place in February.

"It definitely is, but I prefer the warmth. Having long days outside, enjoying all the creatures that are walking around. Most of them are hiding for the cold and the snow, so that is always a shame of the winter." Ashley says.

"That is right, but still I love the sphere that is hanging around. The start of christmas, now spending the christmas here as well. It isn't that far anymore..." Conall says a bit scared. He knows that the champions need to open the dance, and he doesn't even know if Katsumi is ready yet to make it official to all the magical schools of Europe.

"Oh it will be alright. I have to admit that the Yule Ball can be a heavy event... There haven't passed any Yule Ball where everything went perfect." Ashley says while chuckling. Conall gets a bit curious but he doesn't want to bother her.

"But Conall, how is everything going for the next task?" Ashley asks. Conall can hear a undertone in it, as if she knows something. His heart starts to beat faster, what if she knows he send Brigitte after her to ask her some things about the tournament?

"Uhm... well it is going great." Conall says. It is not a lie, it is going better than ever. He discovered every clue and he knows so much of what will happen.

"That is good to hear. But a tip from me, you might not want to make an appointment at the side of the forest, to do something unnoticed. It is a bit obvious when someone walks to complete opposite way to the castle." Ashley says with a grin.

"Yeah... it wasn't, was it?" Conall says while he scratches the back of his head.

Ashley starts to laugh at this side. "Oh Conall, don't take these rules so strict. Look, every champion gets help from their friends. They always say that you have to do it alone, but screw that rule. They just want to avoid that you get help from professors, and that they will tell you everything." Ashley says. Conall wonders if she knows that she helped him, by telling Brigitte the things about centaurs.