Fixing The Problem

Začať od začiatku

When the bell rang, Jamie, Winter and I all met outside the great hall, and we headed down to Hagrids. I was pretty sure that it was Winter's first visit to Hagrids, but I was happy she would be joining me.

Jamie, of course, was quiet, and she was holding my hand all the way down and she pulled me ahead of her to make Winter third wheel. I looked at Winter behind us and rolled my eyes as if to say I'm sorry, and she rolled hers as well, but I don't know if her response was either agreeing with me and saying Jamie was acting like a troll, or if she was rolling her eyes to reply Whatever.

I knocked on Hagrids big door and when he opened it, he smiled. "Hey, you lot. Keepin' out o' trouble?" He stepped aside and all three of us stepped inside.

"Hagrid," Said Winter, "We came to ask a favor. Do you know how to get rid of a love potion enchantment?" She wanted this over with, and she wanted it over with now.

"I dunno how ter do that. I was expelled from Hogwarts. Dumbledore let me stay. Have you tried Madam Pomfrey?" Hagrid replied.

"No." I said. "I told her I would do it, and I know how."

"Why all this talk of love potions?" Asked Jamie. "Are you going to lace me with one, Vince?"

"Actually, someone already did." Snapped Winter, "At least that's what it seems like."

"Really? I thought you were just jealous." Jamie snapped back.

"There's only one way to find out." I said, taking out my wand and pointing it at Jamie.

"What are you gonna do with that?" Said Jamie with a smile.

I decided not to hesitate. "Surgito!"

Jamie shook violently and pink smoke arose from all around her forming a heart shape above her head and it vanished.

"Congratulations on being Vince's girlfriend, Jamie." Said Winter.

Jamie looked at me, seeming disgusted, then said "That is not my boyfriend. Where did you get that idea?"

"It seems you were laced with a love potion, Jamie. Have a cup o' tea. You need a pick me up." Said Hagrid, setting down mugs of warm tea in front of us. He went back to the counter and came back with a sugar bowl, which he placed in the middle of the table.

Jamie drank her tea reluctantly and left. Now that the curse was lifted, she didn't want to be anywhere near me. I looked at Winter. She gave me a slight smile, and we finished our tea chatting about how exhausting the exams have been.

Hagrid talked about his days as a student, how he was framed for a crime he didn't commit, and how he was expelled.

"It's too bad you were expelled," Said Winter, "but hey, you've made a great care of magical creatures teacher."

"Well, thank yeh. You two ready to go back up to the castle? Dinner will be startin' soon." Hagrid said.

"I think I'm ready to head back up." I said.

Hagrid escorted Winter and I back up to the castle, and we made our way into the great hall. I was so relieved to have a good ham meal with corn, green beans, and a baked potato. Winter had the same thing. For dessert, Winter had a piece of cheesecake drizzled with chocolate, and I had a large helping of peanut butter ice cream with caramel and chocolate syrup.

When Winter made way to wipe of my face with a napkin after I got caramel on the side of my mouth, I was a bit shocked, because I had forgotten that things between us were okay again, and I had forgotten what it felt like to have her do that. It's not that I was angry or full, I was just exhausted and I was ready to head back to the common room.

"Are you...full?" I asked Winter, half mumbling.

"I'm stuffed." She replied.

"I'm going to... head back to the common room early. Are you coming?"

"I'll go with you."

We both stood, and headed back to the common room. I tapped the barrel and made my way through the entrance to the common room. Winter quickly made for the big yellow couch and I sat next to her, sitting in front of the fireplace warming myself up a bit.

"Listen, Vince...I'm sorry I didn't listen to you, I'm sorry I didn't let you explain, and I'm sorry I acted like a troll." Said Winter.

I looked down and shifted my feet. "I'm sorry I acted the way I did, too. I should have at least written to you once to see how you were doing."

Winter was silent for what seemed like an eternity, then when I decided to break the silence, Winter and I spoke at the same time.

"Are you going to go-?" I said.

"What are you doing this-?" Winter started to ask.

"I..." I stammered, "I was wondering...if you were going to Hogsmeade this weekend."

"Do you want to go with me?" She asked softly.

"Yes. I'd like that. Sweets at honeydukes, and a couple of butterbeers at the three broomsticks?" I asked.

Winter smiled. "Is this officially a date?"

I hesitated to see what her reaction would be. Would she be disappointed, or demand an answer right away? When her smile started to fade, I smiled and said "I wanted to see how you would react if I hesitated. Yes...it can be an official date...if you'd like."

Winters' smile returned. Half laughing she said "Yes. I'd like that a lot."

Icouldn't help but smile too. We sat by the fire as other students returned totheir dormitories. Karley walked by us with a wink and when the common room wasempty once again, I stood up, ready to go to bed. Winter stood too, and beforeI went to my dormitory, I very shyly moved a strand of white hair from Winters'face, smiling, then turned to go to my dormitory without another word. Frombehind me I heard a happy sigh from Winter.