"What do you want for your soul?"

WARNING: This chapter contains mature content.

Okay, let's just breathe. Let's try to analyze whatever the fuck is going on.

This guy, this guy right here, is the Devil. The Devil is sitting on my desk chair. This makes no sense! I looked at Maddison and indicated her to leave with a gesture, but she shook her head. I looked at her dead in the eyes. She sighed and left.

"Do you want to have a moment alone with me?" he said, and there was that grin.

"Tell me this is a joke," I said stepping back, putting distance between us.

He stood up and he grabbed a pencil. He raised it and he held it in front of me. I looked at it and it suddenly turned to ash. I opened my eyes and covered my mouth with my hands.

"I know that because I'm the Devil, people must have told you I'm a liar and very, very evil," he said, walking towards me as I stepped back.

He looked for something in his pocket, without breaking the eye contact. He pulled a rose red like blood out of his pocket and kept getting closer, until I hit the wall. He was so close I could feel his hot breath on my face. He raised the rose and caressed my cheek and went down to my lips.

"But I can assure you I am," he said, and his eyes turned a bit darker. The rose disappeared in his fingers.

"What... What are you doing here?" I asked with difficulty, trying to catch up my breath.

"You want to sell your soul, and so I came for it," he answered.

Everything I said last night came to my mind and I shut my eyes tightly.

"Bloody hell!" I cursed.

"Shhh" he pressed one of his strong fingers against my lips, quietly. "I already told you they get mad whenever someone says that," he looked around the room and then he looked at he again. "They are my siblings, and they are quick-tempered. Every time someone says that, someone, somewhere in the world, dies."

He has to be kidding me.

"Who are your siblings?" I asked as he caressed my lower lip.

"The demons."

I analyzed his face, he was way too close and I was against the wall. He licked one if the corners of his mouth with the tip of his tongue, and he smiled when he realized that I couldn't take my eyes out of that specific part of his anatomy. He made me look at him in the eyes by slowly raising my chin up. And I have to admit that he's too pretty to be the Devil. His messy black hair, his deep blue eyes, and that charming smile. The temptation in person. Oh! When was the last time I've been with a man like this? I don't think I've ever been with a man like this to begin with.

"What is that of 'Thomas Doherty'? I thought the Devil was... Just the Devil," I questioned.

"I need a 'real' name to introduce myself to humans, don't I?" he said with a smile. He turned around and walked away from me. "So you can call me Thomas."

"That doesn't sound scary to be the Devil's name," I admitted quite amused.

"I know, I know," he said. "But it sounds original, don't you think?"

He sat down on my desk chair and span around a couple of times. I was just looking at him. He looked more like a little kid rather than the Devil. He suddenly stopped spinning and stared at a portrait that was on my desk.

"Who is this man?" he asked, analyzing the photo.

"My bother, Jean," I replied almost immediately.