What? (Oikawa x Reader)

(I don't know if a spoiler warning for the end of season 2 is necessary, but here's one anyway!)

"Iwa-chan!" You shouted, running over to greet your old classmate.

"(Y/n)?" He spun around, bewildered.

"The one and only," you grinned. "That was an intense match you guys played tonight."

"But we lost." Kindaichi said bitterly.

"Yeah, so? I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. You guys looked pretty cool out there if I do say so myself."

"I bet Oikawa would be telling you to save it for Kageyama," Kunimi mumbled.

You took a survey of the team, and sure enough, Oikawa wasn't with them.

"Tobio probably wouldn't want to know I was here," you laughed. "Where is Tooru, anyway?"

"He ran off somewhere," Iwaizumi shrugged. "If you find him, tell him he owes the whole team ramen."

"Who said I was going to go look for him?" You crossed your arms.

"This is you we're talking about, (y/n)."

"Okay, well maybe I was going to go look for him. But only because I want to talk about those crazy serves he did," you huffed.

~        ~        ~

There was only one place he would have gone to. The only place he ever went to... And one that he hated you had found. A quiet bench, nestled away on the side of a nearly-abandoned road. The crisp dusk air blew against your face as you walked along the dirt sidewalk, hands stuffed in your pockets. When you spotted Oikawa, you breathed out a relieved sigh. As much as you hated to admit it, you still worried about him.

"Hey Swooshy-chan!" You smiled and pranced over to him.

"(y-y/n)!?" His head shot up.

Your eyes met and you momentarily paused at the sight of the tears on his face.

"...Tooru?" You asked softly.

"Do you need something?" He asked, quickly wiping his tears away.

"Not really. It's... just a coincidence I ended up around here," you said.

"Really?" He asked suspiciously.

"Well, yeah. This place is on my way home from Shiratorizawa." Not necessarily a lie, but also not the real reason you were there.

His expression twisted at the name of your current school.

"Can we talk...?" You asked.

"...Sure."

He scooted over and made room for you on the bench. You quietly sat down next to him and stared down at the ground.

"You're in your team uniform. Did you have a match tonight?"

"Yep, and we totally won." He flashed that signature, fake smile.

There was an awkward pause in the conversation. He just stared at you while you still stared at the ground.

"Yeah, okay. Nope," you slapped your hands down on your thighs and looked at him.

"Nope?" He asked, confused.

"I was at the game tonight. The one against Karasuno? They beat you."

His expression fell.

"Tobio... finally beat you."