Open injuries

Começar do início

"Do you think Professor Shield could have something to do with American mobs?"

"That's it" All Might thought, as he raised on his feet. It was hard enough that David was being held prisoner by his nemesis' followers and he wouldn't have those kind of insinuations. "Professor David Shield is a close friend of mine and a brilliant mind to whom the world hero community has a lot to thank for" he stated, with a forcefully calmed tone but tightly gripping the mic. "And the same goes for his daughter, who at this moment is having the hardest time. Whatever is these villains' plan, the Shields, who have always worked shoulder to shoulder with me and countless other Pros, are not a part of it".

"As for the two missing heroes..." there came the worst part for Principal Aizawa. He had been a teacher for both Ojiro and Shinsho. "I want to address to their families and remember them that they are UA's heroes at their best. We know how the League operates and I can assure that if they wanted them dead, they would have killed them two days ago in a fight. I ignore the reason why they would want more prisoners, but as willing to kill as they are, they wouldn't have taken them alive if they had no interest. I will personally join the research until they are safe back at home".

"Now you have mentioned the other prisoners... the media thinks there is a fourth one. A Secondary School girl who happens to be a future UA student, where she spent her childhood after she was rescued from the Yakuza at age six..."

The reporters had a job to do, but it was like they had left the most gut-wrenching part for the last. There was no person in UA who wasn't heartbroken after no trace of Eri was found once the villains left.

"The girl, named Eri, has a Quirk that rewinds living beings to previous states. Years ago, the Yakuza used that power to create a weapon able to delete Quirks. Could it be that the League of Villains is searching exactly the same?"

"This girl you are talking about is someone dear to any UA's student or teacher who in the past came close to her" Aizawa was once again the one who answered, but he was starting to get sick of such sensationalism. "She endured indescribable pain and trauma at a very young age and yet she has become a girl who is kind and compassionate to any person that meets her eye. She wants to study at UA to become a hero like the ones who saved her back then, and I know nobody who deserves it more than her. No matter what the League wants from her or what we heroes have to do to rescue her: she will return home and fulfill her dream".

All Might, Aizawa and Nezu looked at each other and silently agreed they had talked for long enough with the media and that their efforts and time should be invested in better places. But the press wouldn't give up without at least one more annoying question:

"WAIT! Mayor Nezu! Now an innocent girl has been kidnapped from the inside of the Academy you directed for years and still publicly support... how is this going to affect to your campaign of re-election?"

They had reached the exit prepared for them next to the table, but they stopped right there for a moment without turning. The two teachers looked at the current Mayor of the city: he was silent and his furry face looked as affable as usual, but for a second his tiny eyes looked unusually dark, as if that low blow of a question had made him remember all the experiments humans made on him in the past. All Might put a hand on the shoulder of his little friend and tried to find the words to tell them it wasn't worth to answer, but Nezu kindly removed and headed back to the table for a moment:

"All the reporters here have proven to be well informed before coming, but I'll give you a little summary of the situation" Nezu announced, keeping it as cool as it was possible. "A bunch of our best heroes, including our Number One, were injured two days ago while we were just celebrating a wedding, we have just discovered that the League of Villains has acquired enough power and resources to escape from prison and create armies of Nomus to attack a fortified school, and a notorious American scientist specialized in hero equipment, two of my former students and a child who has no guilt on this war have been abducted in front of our eyes".