Prologue

PROLOGUE

"THIS IS A NEW YEAR. A NEW BEGINNING. AND THINGS WILL CHANGE." - TAYLOR SWIFT

"Ahh!" Bones cracked and reformed, changing shape, size and position. "Make it stop!"

And it did. The pain faded. The nerd felt different. Her surroundings were sharper as she took in the stares and open mouths. Her hearing was exceptional, the near heart attacks and gasps she could hear from the far side of the courtyard, at least 40metres away. And her smell. She could smell sweat from the side of the courtyard closest to the lockers and... and fear? It was coming off in waves, coursing through her body and imbedding itself into her bones.

She looked down at herself. Her once olive skin was now covered in snow white fur. Instead of hands and feet, she had paws twice the size of a normal wolf's; her whole body was twice the size of a normal wolf's! She whined. Why was she like this? She ducked her head down and put her paws on her snout, feeling how long it was. She scrubbed at her face feeling her ears and jaw tuffs.

Fear was now etched into her entire being. It was fight and destroy the cause; or flight and run away and find safety. She pushed down the new aggressive side of her that wanted to kill everything. Her conscience wasn't sure what to do anymore. She wasn't a cold-blooded murderer and nor did she want to be, so she took the only option left. She turned 180 degrees and fled into the shadows of the Las Posadas State Forest behind the haunted school building.

<A/N: HEY GUYS! Sorry for ditching you for a while but you guys understand when I say i had to have a break from writing, right? Ok, so, this is the promised (late) rewrite of MATE! I've changed the title (by one word). So Hope you like!

Kalani