I swiftly unlocked the new cell door and stepped inside, the lights flicking on once the motion sensors sensed my movement. The Cybertronian, still tied up and gagged, looked up from her spot in the middle of the floor, her yellow eyes glaring daggers at me. Taking a deep breath, I tried to channel as much calm as possible, thinking about what Optimus would do in this sort of situation.

   Calm, collected, unafraid, and firm.

   Let's do it.

   I moved to sit in front of the Cybertronian, staying out of reach but lowering myself to her level. She watched me warily, distrust evident in her gaze. I lifted my hands in a surrender, showing her I was unarmed.

   "Look, I just want to talk," I said slowly, surprised at the steadiness in my tone. "I'm not going to hurt you, but I do need answers. There are lots of innocent people that are in harm's way if I don't know exactly what you and your group is doing here."

   She glared at me, and I held back a sigh.

   "I'm going to take the metal off your mouth," I said. "You won't be able to communicate with anyone outside this room, so don't try it. If you give me no answers or a load of scrap, the metal goes back on. Understand?"

   She nodded, but continued on glaring. I lifted a hand, slowly summoning my powers to reach towards the gag, carefully taking it off and retrieving the metal. As the cool metal landed in my hand, the Cybertronian worked the stiffness out of her jaw.

   "What's your name?" I asked after a moment.

   Her gaze snapped back to me, as though she had forgotten I was there for a moment. I could basically see the gears in her head turning as she thought over what I had said and done.

   "Why is that your first question?" She asked, voice low.

   I shrugged. "I'd like to know what to call you."

   "You're a peculiar goddess," she said, studying me. "Not at all like those I have met."

   "How so?"

   "You are... young. Naïve. You are a goddess yet fight alongside insects."

   "I like to think those are some of my best traits," I smirked, and leaned forward. "My name is Amanda."

   Her eyes dropped for a moment before returning to me. "Rozatiolda."

   "Well, now that we're on a first name basis, Rozatiolda," I said. "What can you tell me about your crew?"

   "Nothing," she snapped. "You wish your enemies worse than death, goddess? I will tell you nothing."

   "If you're afraid for your life, I can assure you that you will have my protection."

   "Against the goddess of chaos? You can offer me no such thing."

   I sighed. "Rozatiolda, I'm trying here. If your crew wants to hurt human kind, I have to know. Lots of innocent people can get seriously hurt and killed, and I can't let that happen. They need my protection, but I can't give it to them if I don't know what I'm fighting."

   "Just as the Cybertronians needed your protection during the war? We worshiped Cleona, and she failed us."

   "I'm not the goddess. I may be her champion, but I'm certainly not her."

   "All of you are the same. You preach innocence and faith, yet fail those who follow you."

   I furrowed my brows, trying not to let her words get to me. "All of us? How many Champions of Cleona have you met?"

   "Almost every one of them," She spat. "And each one was weaker than the last. So many lives are put in your hands, yet you can do nothing to protect them. Not before Tempest reaches you."

   My jaw clenched. "So that's who's leading you. You didn't just arrive on her ship, you're following her. Tempest is on Earth then?"

   Rozatiolda looked away completely, guilt across her face, but I got my answer.

   "And if you've been traveling around enough to meet every Champion of Cleona, then she's led you across the universe to kill them," Realization dawned on me. "And now she's here to kill me?"

   The femme stayed silent, making me unconsciously curl my fingers into a tight first.

   "If she gets me, will she leave?" I asked, carefully holding back my frustration. "Like she did before?"

   That made Rozatiolda whip her head up to catch my gaze, checking if I was serious or not. "You would sacrifice yourself for your planet?"

   I smiled ruefully. "One life compared to seven billion. Not much of a comparison. But you didn't answer me. Is she only here to kill me?"

   She studied me for a second longer before slowly shaking her head. "No. She wants Earth."

   "Why?"

   "The Autobots took Cybertron. She will not return there, not with them in charge. Earth is the only other planet that can sustain Cybertronian life, and the planet makes her powerful."

   "Because of Unicron."

   Her eyes widened slightly, but she nodded nevertheless, so I continued.

   "Tempest, how is she tied to Valilorna? Is she the goddess' champion?"

   She shook her head rapidly, almost in a panic, and I was about to ask why when the golden markings on her exterior began to glow slightly. Without thinking, my hand shot out and touched the markings on her arm, channeling my powers through them. They were hot, but cooled down once the silver dust mixed with the gold, rendering it neutral. Rozatiolda froze, and I carefully pulled my hand back.

   "Those markings, what were they for?" I asked slowly, not wanting to startle her.

   She didn't reply- didn't move- a long moment before looking at me as though she was seeing me for the first time. "Who- How did you do that?"

   I frowned. "Change your markings?" She nodded. "I just infused them with my own powers. They don't mix, so they both fizzed out."

   "That- that shouldn't be possible."

   "What do you mean?"

   "No Champion of Cleona has been able to neutralize these markings. Many have tried over the course of centuries, but Valilorna's powers have always been stronger. You... you did it easily..." She scooted back, almost like she was scared of me. Seeing this, I put my hands out, not wanting to scare her even more.

   "I can see I made you nervous," I said, choosing my words wisely. "I'll leave for now, but I still need your help. Remember what I said, there's a lot of lives on the line. I need to know everything you do about Tempest, Valilorna, and your group of Cybertronians." I stood, walking away slowly. "If you need anything, there are cameras in every corner of the room. We'll be able to see when you call us, okay?"

   She didn't reply, only watched me with wide eyes, which made me hold back a sigh and pray for more patience.

   "Thank you, Rozatiolda," I said, trying to show her I wasn't someone to be afraid of. "Until next time, then."

   As I left and locked the door behind me, her words rang around in my mind, making me frown again.

   That shouldn't be possible. What you did shouldn't be possible.

   Then how'd I do it?

  And why did it feel almost wrong?