-Hunter?-

His head snaps up and I can see that his eyes are red and puffy, tears falling against his red cheeks. His chest heaves up and down as he watches me, Slowly walking to him as he cries. His hands reach out to me as I get near him, his fist softly pull me onto of him as he snuggles me into him as he cries.

Pulling me closer to him as he cries, dampening my fur as we sit here. I lick his faces after at least ten minutes and he lets go, barley. Still holding onto my fur as He lets me up, I lick his face until he stops crying and laughs instead.

"C-Can you shift Babe?" His body is shaking harshly from either crying or being cold, or both...

Licking his face I start to shift out of the huge wolf form and back to my normal body, my lips pressing against cheek, slowly I move away and grab Hunters face in my hands as he smiles sadly at me.

"Talk to me."

"I just...needed to cry, I'm sorry for yelling at you and running and talking you and avoiding you. I just needed to get loose after everything. It's a lot, I don't know how to do this Tristan. I'm suddenly Alpha of a huge pack and now have to fully take care of Lou as her guardian and I just want you to be safe and happy. I lost my mom and dad and I just don't think I can do it...this is wrong."

"Baby, you aren't alone in this. You never are, you have me with you, and Dusty and Dylan and Stephanie still. You aren't taking care of this pack alone, you have everyone behind you and everyone here believes in you Hunter. You are definitely not taking care of Lou alone, ever, that's just dangerous, she would eat cake every night and never go to school... And Hunter, I am happy. Ever since you brought me here I have been happy. You make me happy, this family makes me happy Hunter. As long as I have you, nothing could go wrong, like really wrong. I love you. And I don't know how many Times I will have to tell you that, but I will tell you that until it sticks fro the end of time."

"I love you too." Pulling me onto his lap Hunter kisses me lightly before resting his head on mine. My head rest on his chest and I listen to his now steady heartbeat. Laying here with him in the silence is perfect.

For once the silence, is the perfect sound to me.

Holding Hunter calmly as he cries and soon starts to fall asleep, Phillip starts to talk to me as I lay down with Hunter against my chest, running a a hand through his hair as he sleeps.

He needs sleep, a lot of it.

'Is he going to be okay Tristan?'

'Yeah, he'll be okay eventually. He just buried his mama and dad, I don't expect him to be remotely okay right now.'

'I know.'

'How's Grey? I haven't been able to talk to him.'

'He's doing the best he can. He's talking to Hunter like you are, but he can't really get through to him either. He's sad, but he knows Hunter and the pack will need him soon.'

'he wont let emotion get in the way of leading, will he?'

'No. Not really Tristan. he'll talk to me, but not a whole lot. He is different when it comes to grieving and loss. He doesn't cry or get upset about it because every life time he looses more than he gains.'

'What do you mean?'

'Well for some reason I have always died before Grey in our life times together. He looses me first every time, he loses the people he meets fast and the people he has grown to care for leave him. He is hesitant to get close to people unless he has to. grey experiences loss a lot, its apart of our life but...he's been through a lot over the centuries.'