13: crown princess hyun seol

Start from the beginning

"Hyun Joon, son of Hyun Seojung, you are under arrest for kidnapping the Crown Princess, going against the King's Royal Command and offending the Crown Prince."

Seol looks at the men in red armor and back at her older brother who carried determination in his eyes. "No... Orabeoni, don't," She whispers as she notices the way Joon held onto his sword.

"I promise father that I won't let you go," He spoke out loud, not only for Seol to hear but for the Royal Guards, too. "Top Scholar, or not, I don't care anymore about the rank. I only care about my sister's safety and the words my father told me."

Then he raises his sword and points it to the Royal Guard who is standing in front of his horse. 

Then the fight happened.

And for two minutes, Seol thought that her older brother would make it, but she saw one of the Royal Guards raised his bow 'n arrow and shot the arrow into Joon's chest. For two minutes, Joon tried his best to keep his promise, but he knew even before when he got on his horse with his sister, that he'll lose. For two minutes, the Hyun siblings both prayed and wished to survive with just the little time they had, but as the older boy fell to his knees with his eyes on his sister, the two bid their last goodbyes with a small, yet sad smile.

"I had a brother..." I spoke up after the vision faded.

"He was a good man," Jimmichae whispered, sadly. "...And a good friend. If only I was aware at that time, he may have been able to at least live a few more days with you and your father."

I looked at Jimmichae and wondered out loud, "Why are you telling me this now? You could have told me before when I first asked you what was happening to me."

The older boy stared back at me with sadness in his eyes. Then he said, "There were so many times when I wanted to tell you the truth and everything else about the old manhwa that we both were in... but you looked so much happy without knowing your past life. So, I thought that it could wait. I prayed that you'd still continue to be innocent and know nothing about Trumpet Creeper, but then you kept getting those headaches and I noticed whenever you're with Namju or Dohwa, you kept saying the same things you've said from back then... I just don't wany to see you get hurt after finding out about the events that happened in Trunpet Creeper."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and curiosity. "Events? What kind of events, Jimmi?"

Jimmichae sighed again and took the old manhwa from my grasps. "Bad, tragic, unforgivable events."

That night, I lied awake on my bed. I was thinking about the visions that I saw earlier today and what Jimmichae told me. But everytime I tried to understand it all, I am brought back to phase 1... which is, my past self's name.

"Hyun Seol."

It rolled off of my tongue so naturally that it scared me. It wasn't like the first time I said my present self's name, Oh Ara.

It felt foreign and unusual, like it's not supposed to be "Oh" and "Ara", but sonething else. But what?

"Ugh... this is giving me a headache," I whispered to myself as I shut my eyes closed.

I didn't have any stages after the one with Namju and Juda, but there were times today when Danoh either freaked me out or made me worry about her mentality. I even heard her say something about her being a main character and having A3 as her male leads.

Jeez... I hope she realize it as soon as possible that she's just an extra... Because I'd hate it if I have to tell her truth. Don't wanna ruin her fun time and feelings, like how Baek Kyung would.

Then I started to feel sleepy and...

"Seol... You'll be crowned Queen in just a few days," a familiar voice exclaims as I sipped from the tea that the Crown Prince made yesterday.

Then I faced the person and sighed. "You and I both know that I can't backout anymore."

"I know that very well, but-"

"But, what? What can you do to stop this marriage and coronation? You're just the personal bodyguard of the 2nd Prince. So, please..." My voice cracked up from all of the mixed emotions in me. Then I continued while holding back my tears. "Just please stay out of this."

Then he sits on his knees with a troubled expression.

"But Hyun Seol-"

"Haru! Just stop. Alright?"

The young boy stares at me with a solemn look and sits back down on his spot. Then I whispered as a tear ran down my cheek, "Take good care of him for me. Please, take good care of Kyung."

Then Haru smiled softly and whispers back, "I will, Seol."

"Thank you, Ha-"

사작!

"Ara, wake up!"

I opened my eyes and was met by the bright sunlight on the far side of my bedroom's window. Then I looked to my right and saw...

"Dohwa? What are you doing in my bedroom?" Stage Me asked while stretching.

"I just got here a few minutes ago. Namju texted me to come and get you," He answers while showing me the text messages between him and my cousin. Then he adds in, "We'll be late to school."

Stage me literally jumped out of the bed and quickly ran to the bathroom, but before closing its door, she tells Dohwa who had an amusement look on his face, "Yah! Go back downstairs and wait for me!"

"Aye aye, captain!" The 18-year-old exclaims with a joking tone.

Then a new day with new stages starts...

But...

What did I dream last night?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Words: 1406

not yet edited

A/n: had to use my phone. now my thumbs hurt. 😭