Four

When Dougie woke up the next morning, he experienced a blip.

It's like when a person goes to sleep in a hotel, and when they wake up, they briefly forget where they are.

Except for Dougie, he knew exactly where he was, but he had forgotten the events of the night before.

He forgot all of the details of everything that had happened only a few hours before for just enough time for him to roll over in his bed and look at the time on his phone that had been charging on his nightstand.

06:22 AM

It was almost as if something about these numbers had some significance to the night before, because as soon as Dougie saw them, he threw the covers off of him and raced out of bed.

He didn't rush because he thought the girl was hurt or had left in the middle of the night. He rushed because he wanted to see...

And when he quickly opened the door to the guest room, he got his answer.

If her skin was still green.

It was.

Now, Dougie didn't know what to do. He was starting to think maybe something was wrong with him. Maybe he was the one who had been injured last night, and he was hallucinating everything. Not just the girl's green skin, but the fiery wreck and the girl herself.

The only way to know for sure was to get an outside source to confirm his suspicions or lack thereof, and Dougie knew just the person.

                                                                                        ***

"There better be a good reason you called me over here. Because you said it was an emergency, but you don't look like you're dying and I promised Buddy we would make pancakes this morning." Tom said as soon as Dougie opened the door.

"Good morning to you too." Dougie said, before quickly ushering Tom in and closing the door behind him (but not without checking for any possible threats lingering just outside the door first).

Tom sighed. "Dougie, it's seven in the morning. On my one day off this week."

"Alright don't get your pants in a twist, Grampa. I do have an emergency. I need your help seeing something." Tom laughed at Dougie's proposition.

"In case you haven't noticed, I have the worst eyesight of McFly. You may have been better off calling Harry or Danny." Tom remarked, pushing the bridge of his glasses up with his thumb for dramatic effect.

"Trust me...I wouldn't have." Dougie replied, nerves pulsing through his veins. What if I really am going crazy?

"What is it, Dougie?" Tom asked, sensing his friend's uneasiness. Dougie sighed, looking up at Tom.

"Last night...I met this girl."

"Oh my God." Tom said, rolling his eyes. "You've called me all this way, this early in the morning because you met some girl?"

"Yes." Dougie replied. "Well, no. I didn't meet her at...like a pub or anything...she was...kind of in an accident." Tom's eyes suddenly went wide.

"Please don't tell me you hit her with your car." Tom said quickly.

"No! Well...I didn't."

"You didn't?" Tom exclaimed. "As in, someone else did?"

"No! No!" Dougie quickly cut Tom off, and Tom breathed a sigh of relief. "Well...I don't know."

"You don't know?" Tom asked again, the worry quickly finding its way back to his facial expressions.