Chapter 4- Bittersweet.

Start from the beginning

“Wow.” Sg. Perez said, shaking his head. “This is the 6th murder within 12 days.”

“When are we gonna catch this son of a bitch?” Sg. Smith said in an angry tone. “This guy or girl has killed 6 people, and possible 7 with the missing Bailey girl.”

“There’s bruises on her face and arms, but we can’t find a cause of death by just looking at her.” The medical examiner said, feeling on her stiff body. “We ran her fingerprints through out database system in the truck, and it comes back to Manuela Rodrigez.”

“She’s a local prostitute.” Sg. August said. “We’ve arrested her a few times for prostituting out here.”

“Well, we’re gonna send her body to the medical examiners office for an autopsy.” The medical examiner said. “We see bruises and scratches, but none of these marks would kill her. We need to conduct an autopsy to see what she really died from.”

“Alright.” Sg. Crippen said. “Me and Sg. Perez will stay on the scene, Sg. August and Smith, you two go look for witnesses.”

“Okay.” Both officers said getting up, and going around the area.

Meanwhile, Bailey and the man were drove around in the car for three hours. Bailey had fell asleep for about 2 hours, then woke up. They’d stopped at a gas station to fuel up, when the man used his tongue to push the duct tape off a little, just so he could talk.

“Bailey..” The man said through his muffled mouth.

Bailey looked up at him, and stared at him. She couldn’t say anything, so she just looked.

“I promise that I won’t let any of those bad men hurt you. Do you understand me?” He said in a serious tone. Bailey responded by nodding her head.

He then bit into the tape and tore it with his teeth, so it could fully come off. He then took off his shoes using both of his feet, so that he could squeeze through the tape with his feet. He then bent his legs through the open part of his arms, so that his wrist would be in his front. He bit into the tape, and tore that part also. Bailey stared at him the whole entire time, waiting for him to take hers off.

“I’m gonna take yours off once they open the trunk, okay?” He said cocking his gun, and looking at her. She nodded her head again.

He’d watched the men walk up to the van, start the car, and began driving. They’d drove another hour, until they finally stopped. The 2nd masked man had got out, and opened the trunk, when the man had began firing at him. He shot at him three times, but only two hit his shoulders. The man jerked back, and began to limp back to the front seat.

“That asshole! He shot me!” He heard the man yell in his mexican accent.

“Come on Bailey, lets go!” The man said picking her up, and running out.

All of a sudden, the 1st masked man had got out of the drivers seat, and shot at the man. The man had dropped down on the ground, and covered up Bailey. The masked man then hopped into his truck, and drove off.

“That’s for killing Manuela!!!” The 1st masked man shouted, as he pulled off.

The man and Bailey had stood up, and seen that they were on a cliffed road. They both were terrified of heights, and the road was literally 500 feet over dry land. Cars often passed them, but they moved over and walked on the grassy part of the road so that they wouldn’t get hit. The man had looked down at Bailey, and took off her all of her duct tape.

“Don’t worry.” The man smiled. “I only dropped down to act like I was dead. Those men couldn’t shoot for shit.”

But as the man talked to Bailey, he noticed that she wasn’t saying anything back. She gave him a weird glare, as he stood up, held her hand, and began to walk.