19

Dipper did exactly what he was told. It took a lot of attempts, reading from Journal 3, and asking Bill, but eventually he successfully teleported himself to Bill's home in the Mindscape. He quickly made his way to the library, where three apparitions of kids appeared in front of him. Surprisingly, all three of them looked like the Cipher siblings.

"Wait, wait!" The one that looked like Bill said to Dipper. "Don't tell me! You're Mason Pines!"

Dipper stared in wonder. "How did you know?"

The spirit smiled. "Well, with me being the literal soul and memories of Bill, I tend to know everything he knows."

The spirit of Jill flew over to Dipper, grinning ear-to-ear. "So, Mason. What book do you need?"

"'Egyptian Myths'."

The three spirits' smiles fell. "What's going on with Bill?" Bill's younger self asked quietly as Jill flew off to get the book.

"He's captured- all three of them. My uncle, Ford Pines, has them."

Jill flew back over, holding the book. "So how did you get here without Bill?"

"He gave me his powers." Jill dropped the book, Bill fainted, and Will stared with wide eyes. "What? What's wrong?"

"How long ago was this?" Will asked him.

"Midnight, last night."

Jill shook Will. "He only has two days!"

"What are you talking about?"

Jill and Will looked at each other for a long moment before Jill spoke up. "When a demon like Bill gives his powers to a mortal like yourself, that mortal has three days to return those powers before the demon disappears forever."

Dipper's throat clenched up. "You mean... if Bill dies, it'll be my fault?"

"What? No, that's not what I said at all! It was Bill's choice to give his powers to you. If it happens- which I seriously doubt it will- it won't be your fault. Now, open that book and find out who you need to contact in Gravity Falls."

Dipper slowly opened the book and looked at the square piece of paper that was lying on the inside cover. He picked it up, reading it.

Tad Strange
Demon

Gideon Gleeful
In possession of Journal 2

Dipper Pines
In possession of Journal 3
(And my heart)

Dipper looked up at the three spirits. "So I have to get Tad and Gideon to help me save the Ciphers."

Jill looked to be in thought. "Now that's a name I haven't heard in a millennia. Tad Strange?"

"Isn't he a demon?" Will asked.

"Yeah." Said Jill. "But he deals with time. I don't understand how he could help in this kind of situation. Also, don't Bill and Tad hate each other?"

Will shook his head. "You're thinking Will and Tad. It's Bill and Stanford who hate each other."

"Ah. That's it."

"Guys!" Dipper yelled, getting their attention. "What do I do?"

Bill flew up to him. "Well, you have this paper now. The next thing to do is find those two, convince them to help, and save your soulmate so you two can live together forever."

Jill handed Dipper a nightshade flower. "Here. Give this to Gideon when you see him. He'll realize what it means, and you won't have to convince him."

Dipper took the flower carefully. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. It's a little secret code Will and Gideon have between each other- they give each other flowers every morning. The type of flower given depends on the other's mood or situation."

"That makes sense."

"And Dipper, please hurry." Will said to him. "The life of the Ciphers is now in your hands. We all believe in you."

Dipper nodded, taking a deep breath. "Let's just see if I believe in myself."