“Call her.” She relented, her voice soft and quiet, riddled with defeat. “Put her on speakerphone though, I wanna hear her response.”

Dec whipped out his phone, pulling up the contact for Isobel Ferth. The witch picked up on the third ring and the call connected. “Declan Leadworth. What can I help you with?” She asked, her voice projecting from the small phone and throughout the Riviera.

“Hey Isobel, you’re on speakerphone.” The hunter let her know as he placed the phone on the dashboard.

“Let me guess, Mikayla’s there too?” Isobel assumed, although it wasn’t all that hard to guess considering she had met the huntress after Dec became her hunting partner.

“Hey Izzy!” Kayla greeted, keeping the majority of her focus on the road: the last thing they needed was a car accident.

“What sort of spell do you need?” Isobel steered the conversation back on track as she looked through a rack of herbs, some medicinal and some more… magical, on her end of the phone. 

“We need a little help tracking someone down.” Dec admitted, not wanting to give too much detail as he knew that the witch was very cautious and attempting a tracking spell on a hunter such as John Winchester was very risky. Long story short, he didn’t want her to hang up and not even consider helping out.

“Who is it?” She questioned, Dec inwardly cursing.

Before the experienced hunter could either make up a lie or find a vague way of telling the truth, Mikayla stepped in. “My father.” She responded, a long moment of silence following.

“Let me get this straight, you want me to try a locator spell on John Winchester? Are you trying to get me killed?” Isobel fired, the Leadworth shooting his partner a ‘really?’ look.

“We know it’s risky. We’re teaming up with my brothers to find him, so we may be able to get by on our own. Just considering all our options.” Mikayla explained truthfully, sending Dec a pointed look back; she wasn’t going to lie to her friend.

“I’ll have a look through some grimoires, see what I can find. Chances are, he’s warded so we’ll need a hefty spell to find him.” The witch conceded, bringing a smile to the hunters’ faces.

“Thank you so much, Izzy.” Dec spoke, receiving silence afterwards. This unsettled the two.

“I wouldn’t thank me yet. It’ll be a big spell, I’ll probably need the DNA of a close relative, preferably their blood.” Izzy informed, the tapping of her nails on a surface carrying through the phone.

“If you can find a spell, I’m sure we can find an excuse to make a pit stop with you.” Mikayla agreed, giving her friend a warning look as she noticed the signs of smugness in his body language.

“Alright, I’ll call if I get something.”

“Thanks, Iz. Bye!” With that, the call was ended.

“She’ll be fine, she’s incredibly powerful and you know that.” Declan assured his visibly worried best friend.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." She sighed, her shoulders sagging slightly. "I just don't want anything bad to happen to her."