"Nice to meet ya', I'm the Devil."

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Maddie, for God's sake! What could happen? What would he do? Would he appear to me in an alley in the middle of the night or something?" I said almost laughing.

She shook her head from side to side. "Never underestimate what you don't know, Chloe. Never," she said, and she went to the living room, leaving me alone.

I just nodded my head and laughed as quietly as I could.

"How exaggerated," I said.

Tonight was a long time. Living in Los Angeles is not recommended for anyone who suffers heart attacks, asthma attacks, or any kind of attack. It's quite a noisy city, and therefore, a bit dangerous.

We live on the 87th street, between the 60th and the 62nd, in a pretty nice apartment, which is, suddenly, becoming a bit smaller for the two of us.

I woke up because of the sound of the train that passes every day at the same time, not really far from the building, making the windows shake, the dogs bark, and causing the neighborhood to wake up. It's almost an alarm clock at this point.

I got up and took a shower. When I was dressing up, Maddison came to check on me, ready to start the day. A couple of minutes later we were on our way to work, walking down the crowded streets of Los Angeles.

"See you in the office," she said as she crossed the street and walked into New's Corporation's building.

I, on the other hand, walked a few more blocks to the nearest Starbucks. I needed coffee to start the day. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that suddenly, the streets were almost deserted. I could perfectly hear my high heels at every step I made. Where did everyone go? I could feel my heart racing when I realized someone was following me. But as soon as I turned around, there was no one behind me.

I kept walking, a but faster now. I could feel someone else's steps, but I couldn't see them. Whatever this is, it's bad. I turned right in the next alley, I think this way I'll get to Starbucks faster.

I almost lose my breath when I feel the presence of someone else. Someone was there with me. I turned around and there was no one behind me, not even a single soul. I turned around again and crashed against someone. Someone who's chest seemed to be as hard as a wall.

"For God's sake!" I almost screamed, quite terrified.

"Why does everyone have to name him?" he questioned.

He was wearing a black suit, black shirt and black shoes. And his hair was black too. Short and a bit messy. The man I had in front of me look like a God. His blue eyes were, what can I say? Hypnotizing, impressive, deep. And his body... Even if he was wearing a suit, you could see he was pure muscles.

"Who are you?" I said, once I was done with staring at him.

"Hello, duckling. A little bird told me that you've been cursing my name," he said with a big wide grin plastered across his face.

I felt fire burning under skin. It was hot in that alley, and even more with him there.

"What?" I asked absolutely confused.

"Nice to meet ya', I'm the Devil."

"And I'm late to work." I excused myself.

I need to get out of here. I'm all alone in an alley a lunatic preaching to be the Devil. So I turned around and walked away. Forget the coffee, I'm going back to the office. As soon as I got out of the alley, the streets were crowded again. I stopped dead.

"How-"

"I'm late as well," he said, standing next to me. "Richard will get really mad if I'm late work on my first day."