[2] Goodbye to You and Rock

Beginne am Anfang

"God... they're so annoying," he hissed, pinching the bridge of his nose. You stared at him briefly before pulling your wrist back, confusion written on your face.

"Then... why don't you tell them to leave you alone?" You asked rather innocently.

"Don't you think I've tried that already?" He snapped, making you flinch slightly. You held your hands up in a defensive position, stepping back. He ignored your reaction and walked through the array of desks in the room.

The student council room was nothing flashy, a bit stale and boring. Like an office cubicle, a large cubicle. There were a few tables arranged to form a horseshoe shape with a large desk in the middle, presumably for the head of the room which would be Bede in this case. He walked to a desk at the side, leaning in the table top. For a second he looked cool, then you realized that he was terrifying than cool. This guy practically had the whole school under his thumb, and now he called you here for a reason or another.

It was nerve wracking to say the least.

"Um... Mr. Student Body President? I was wondering-" you started before he gave you a sharp stare.

"Are you really planning on saying that mouthful every time you talk to me?" He sneered. You shrugged, you were planning onto but now you weren't so sure. "Shorten it to President"

"Okay... President, I-"

"You're probably wondering why I was looking for you," You fought back the urge to glare at him, you figured he'd had better manners than this. You watched as he leaned back on the table top, using an arm for support while the other arm rose to his face. He all-too-casually ran a hand through his hair, a smirk appearing on his face. "Well it's simple, you owe me a favor after all. Don't you remember earlier in the week? Your little after-school performance..."

A chill ran down your spine, you were really hoping that this wasn't why you were called in here for. Bede's smirk grew wider as he watched you start fidgeting.

"I graciously let you go without so much as a slap on the wrist, when I should've had you written up for that-" he stood up from the table. "-And well, I don't think it's entirely fair. If one of the teachers find out that I did this, you'll probably be kicked out of your precious rock club-" he stood in front of you, his hand twirling one of your messily cut strands of hair between his fingers. You tried to step back but by now, you were completely trapped between him and the wall behind you. "-We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

A wicked smile graced his lips, and for a moment your fight or flight instincts kicked in.

You knew you should've taken the fall...

You slapped his hand away, glaring daggers. "And what about you President? I think you're forgetting about yourself, I'm sure the teachers wouldn't be too happy to find out you tried to cover for me"

Bede was nearly taken aback by your attempt at standing your grounding. Part of him expected you to have been groveling at his feet, pleading for a way out of the mess. Were you normally like this? Despite the unexpected resort, Bede was two steps ahead of you. He stepped back, the smirk never leaving his face.

"Who do you think they'll believe? Me, an honor student, the student council president? Or you, a student from class 2-D? Besides..." this time he grabbed hold of your face with his hand, squeezing your cheeks, and forcing you to stare at him. "You promised me you'd do anything"

You grabbed his wrist, glaring at him. He let your face go, a more stoic look on his face replaced his sinister glare.

"I'm not asking much, just that you participate in the music festival this year and that you perform a song of my choosing," He pulled out a few music sheets from the inside of his school blazer. He held it out for you to take. You grabbed them hesitantly, flipping them over only to find out that they were all blank.

"These are-"

"Blank, I know," you weren't sure if you preferred him being stoic or smug, but you were sure that you wanted to punch him in the gut more than ever. "I want you to write a song for the festival. Of course it'll have to be to my liking, but I doubt it'll be too hard of a feat for you. If that song from before is any indication of your skill level, I have no doubt you'll succeed"

You crossed your arms, upset and annoyed. The glare you were holding back was staring to peek through. "And what do you want me to write about, President? About how great you are?"

Bede just scoffed. "Do you think I'm that conceded? Of course not, I want you to write a song about our school's chairman"

You rose a brow at this. Chairman Rose? You knew bits and pieces about him, most were good. Like how he pushed for better lockers, more sports equipment, more club fundings- hell. Even your old club was funded by him directly. How else would you be able to afford such great sound equipment? And yet, you didn't know much about him all the same.

"I didn't take you for an ass kisser.." you mumbled, mostly to yourself. Bede's harsh glare returned, harsh yet. "Why do you even want a song about the chairman?"

"Don't question why, just work on it! The festival is in a few weeks, we'll be meeting here every lunch break until the day of," he shoved you aside, his hand clasping the cold metal of the door knob. You turned to look at you straight in the eyes. "And don't even think about bailing on me if you want to continue playing in this school"

With that last threat, Bede left the student council room. The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch and the start of a new mess to be added on top of everything else.

You bit back the urge to shred the blank music sheets in your hands. With a bitter taste in your mouth, you walked back to your classroom.

The feel of Bede's hand on your face, burning with anger.

——————————

Stay inside, wash your hands.
I might make this a mini story? Mini series? Basically it's gonna be a few to be continues sooooo,,, yeah?

I also started watching Haikyu, that's all.