Chapter-4 "The Childhood"pt.2

I had a hard time living all alone with my grandparents. They loved me with all their hearts. But I didn't get the parental love that I needed. That my childish innocence needed. The motherly love that I needed which would nurture me for my future,the future which never existed...

Leopard was living her life back at the psychiatrist ward in The North Bend Central Hospital For Mentally Insane. I visited her thrice a week. She would say "Kiara, my baby, mama's little girl, please take me out of this prison. I can't bear all these psychos here". It broke my heart to hear these words. But I can't do anything for her. Her look was very unsatisfying to look at. Her hairs was very wild. She had torn her shirt into little holes. She was wearing her shoes in opposite manner. I started crying. Leopard looked at my face and said : "Baby girl, don't cry. It is not your fault. Don't worry , I will also go back to daddy up there. You better live your life and make us proud. Then one day, you will return back to us and we will live happily ever after". I couldn't bear anymore. I ran away back to Grandpa and hugged him tight and countless tears falling from my eyes. Grandpa's old hands covered my face and he shoved away my tears... Little did they know that their little girl didn't have a happy life ahead.

Many weeks passed, Leopards condition grew worse to worst. She started having Dementia. Psychiatrist says that she has forgotten how to handle normal life things. She tears her clothes and she walks naked and the compounders quickly have to arrange clothing for her. What's worse? She forgot about me. She forgot she had a daughter. She forgot her little Kiara. I went to her "Mother?"..
"What?!! I ain't got no daughter. My daughter died long ago. Hahahaha even my husband is dead. God take me too!! I can't live this life! I can't live this pain!' she started shouting and crying...

These words destroyed me. Imagine a girl only 9 years old and experiencing all this. Just imagine how her little hearts bears all this. Little by little this heart is getting bruised. But I am a brave girl. Life has got pains for me I am ready to bear them. But the power of clotting these bruises is limited. My power is not exhausted.....yet...

So after 2 more weeks, Leopard finally went to meet her Zebra. Leaving me alone forever in this world. My grandparents were my only hope left in this world. The rest of my childhood begins in the next chapter,the struggles of studying and school life of a little girl who is heartbroken on her parents death.

Read the next chapter. The pain has just began....