Chapter-1 "Me"

Hey, it's me, I don't know my name yet because I am still in my mother's womb. Her 9 months are done and today she felt heavy contractions in her belly. Dad took her to the hospital as quickly so. After all I was tired of sitting in this acidic,bloody little placenta and wanted desperately to come out , kicking and kicking while my mother was shouting with agony.

I could hear the doctor saying "push it,darling, just push a little more…" like a hundred times. And finally after so much effort, out I came. My crying began. The parenthood of my parents finally began after 6 years of having no child and here I am, their first daughter after 10 years of their marriage. I could see my mother holding me in my hands, tears in her eyes and my father looking at me with heavy eyebrows and tearful eyes. I went on crying. I needed energy, I needed food , I needed to suck the milk from her.

I was diagnosed with jaundice during my birth. My billirubin concentration was very high and my liver couldn't control since it was so premature. My skin and my eyes were in deep shade of yellowish strains all over. My mother was crying and she hugged me tight. I needed a phototherapy. My skin needed heavy ultraviolet light so that my billirubin concentration could diminish and my skin colour becomes normal.

The therapy took three days. My eyes were shut with a heavy cloth so that my eyes were protected from the U.V rays. My parents desperately wanted to see me. They called my mother thrice a day to feed me. But now the therapy is finally finished. I can't wait to meet all my family members and everyone who awaits me at my home. Little did I know my life wasn't going to be as joyful and happy as I had been expecting through my days in that acidic hole.

Oh and my parents named me "Kiara".. Ain't it a cute little name for a cute little girl like me. But my life didnt need the excuse my cuteness so that all it's pain would just go away….