•Truth Revealed•

🐾Wyatt🐾

I slip my claws under the wood and push up, quietly lifting the window upwards. Once it's open wide enough I slip under and my feet land silently on the carpeted floor. I look to the sleeping form of Crystal, seeing her perfectly in the dark with my werewolf eyes.

I look down at the flower in my hand and walk forward, stopping in front of her nightstand. This flower was different from the Queen of the Night. It's called Sacred-Datura, but like the Queen, it blooms in the moonlight. I gently set it down beside her lamp. I look back at her sleeping peacefully.

Her wig was pulled back into a ponytail causing white hairs to escape and shimmer in the moonlight coming from her window. I reach forward with my clawed hand and gently pick up a silver strand, tucking it behind her ear.

My keen ears pick up on footsteps coming towards the door. I drop down to the floor and roll under the bed just as it opens. From my hiding place, I see the light from the hall slowly seep in as her Aunt cracks the door open. I think she's just checking on her. I hear Crystal make a noise and she shifts in the bed, rolling over to face her aunt.

"Aunt Robin?" she asks in a sleepy voice and I find it cute. "What time is it?"

"Oh, it's late sweetie, I just thought I heard something, go back to sleep." What? How? I was completely silent. "Oh, and honey, don't leave your window open. I don't want bats sneaking in here or anything else." I hear her hair swish, meaning she nods. "I won't Aunt Robin. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Crystal." She closes the door and I listen to her footsteps wander away. I'm thinking about how I'll be able to sneak out now that she's awake when I hear her speak. "Wyatt, get out from under my bed, now!" I sigh and roll back out, standing up. "What the heck are you doing in my bedroom?! Aunt Robin would have a seizure if she saw you."

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to bring you this," I say gesturing to her nightstand. She smiles and picks it up, looking down at the white flower. "That's really sweet Wyatt, but you still can't sneak into my bedroom."

"I didn't expect you to wake up, or for your Aunt to come to check on you. I was just gonna get in then get out." She throws off her covers and gets off the bed, setting the flower into the vase on the windowsill next to the Queen of the Night. She turns back and looks up at me through her lashes.

I feel my heart beat a little faster and I feel the urge to howl with happiness whenever I'm around her. I've never felt like this before and it's kinda concerning, but it's also really nice. She looks away from my eyes and fiddles with the decorative fangs on my vest.

"I'd ask you to stay, but I can't risk Aunt Robin seeing you. Even if I don't really want to be alone right now. And you should get back to your pack." I look down at her expression and see fear and sadness as clear as the moonlight. "I-I can stay for a few minutes just until you fall asleep."

Her eyes slowly lift to meet mine and she nods slightly. I walk around to the other side of the bed and sit down, resting my back on the headboard. Crystal slides under the covers on her side and shifts closer to me, resting her head in my lap.

I rest my hand on her shoulder and listen to her breathing and steady beat of her heart. Well, it's actually started beating a little faster. "Goodnight, Wyatt."

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams, my little pup." I see her smile before she closes her eyes. I use my finger to brush strands of hair back, tucking it behind her ear. I gaze down at her, listening to her breathing slow as she falls asleep. I feel like my urge to protect when we were younger stemmed from friendship, but now it feels like it's trying to change into something else.