•Welcome To Seabrook•

🔮Crystal🔮

I'm currently in my room, pacing back and forth, trying not to think about what my Aunt told me. I stop pacing when I catch a glimpse of a photo out of the corner of my eye. I turn and walk over to it, picking it up. It was mom and me when I was younger, sitting in her lap, smiling widely revealing a gap where I'd lost a tooth.

I can't fight the tears that well up in my eyes. They spill over and trail down my cheeks. I cover my mouth to muffle a sob as I put the picture back, sinking to my knees and lean against the nightstand, wishing more than anything that she was here to hold me and sing to me.

I see movement through my blurry vision and wipe away my tears until my eyes are clear. I stand up wiping away the last tear and walk over to my window. I unlock it and lift it up, letting the night air in. I crouch down and see a flower resting on my sill. It was beautiful, it had large lilac, trumpet-shaped and widespread petals.

They started out small in the middle then got larger at the base. It had three layers of petals and a dark green stem. I reach out and carefully curl my fingers around the stem, pulling it inside. I examine it and see a note rolled around it with a thin string tying it to the stem.

I untie it, slipping it off, and unroll it. I'm sorry about your mom, hope this makes you feel a little better and makes you smile. I flip the paper over and back, rereading it. It's not signed, but I have a feeling I know who it's from. I look back to the flower and let a small smile grace my face.

I lift the flower up to my nose and breathe in the calming smell. "Thanks, Wyatt," I whisper and leave my room, going downstairs to find a vase. I go to the kitchen and rifle through the cabinets. "What are you looking for?" I turn and see Aunt Robin looking at me.

"A vase." She searches me for what I'm going to put in it and sees the flower in my hand. "S-someone leave that for you?" My brows furrow in slight confusion at her stammering. "Yeah, why?"

"That's a Queen of the Night flower. It only grows in the Forbidden Forest." I look down at it and feel a small budding affection for Wyatt. "So, I think it's beautiful. Why does it matter that it's from someone in the Forbidden Forest? Or someone that's brave enough to go in and get for me."

"Maybe because you have no idea who it's from. Did they leave a note?" I contemplate if I should tell her or not, eventually I concur that I should. "Yes."

"Well? What did it say?"

"It was him saying he found out about what happened to my mom and the flower was to cheer me up."

"And how did he find out?"

"I don't know Aunt Robin, this makes me happy. Okay? Just let it go!" She sighs and nods. "Alright, if it makes you happy. Just be careful." I nod and after filling the vase with water I take it back up to my room. I set it down on my nightstand and slip the flower inside. I look down at it and wonder where Wyatt is now, wishing more than anything to see his face and after all this time.

I see my “blonde” hair at the edges of my vision and grab a strand in my fingers, looking down at it. I don't know, maybe Addison's right. Maybe I shouldn't hide it anymore. I shake my head and tuck the strand behind my ear before changing into something more comfortable before bed.

I open my eyes as the sunlight streams in through my curtains and get out of bed, I look toward my nightstand and find that the flower had wilted. I frown as I look down at it, I was hoping it would last longer than it did. I get dressed and walk to school, I enter the building and spot Addison and Zed walking in my direction.

"Well, I like you too much to leave you behind. I'm so not going," she says and I smile slightly. "Ugh, you guys even fight like a perfect couple." I look and see Eliza had snuck up on me, which is usually harder to do. "Hey, Eliza, Crystal. How's it going?"