Chapter 1

Walking down my huge high school’s hallway with my bestfriend Naleejah, all my mind could focus on was the night before. I’ve been on a lot of dates but last night was by far  the most romantic date I have ever been on. Did I mention he cooked for me? Lobster Alfredo with the most delicious garlic bread I’ve ever tasted. To top it off, brownies with a scoop of butter pecan ice cream on top. Can I get a woot woot!?!?!?!? It’s not every day a girl like me comes across a cutie like my baby Brooklyn and tries to resist.

Don’t trip though. When I say a girl like me, I don’t mean anything by it. You better believe that my milk chocolate skin complexion, high cheekbones, shoulder length hair, flat stomach, and size 12 hips weren’t getting any complaints. Tuh it’s a wonder boys weren’t throwing themselves at me 24/7.  PAUSE! Lemme stop myself right there ‘cause that’s not even my lifestyle. But forreal though I definitely am a head turner. Me and my boo were a match made in heaven. Images of his 6’1 frame floated through my mind. Thinking about the way his caramel skin complimented his light brown eyes made my knees weak.

BAM! The sound of a locker slamming pulled me away from my thoughts.

“So what’s up for this weekend yo?” exclaimed Naleejah “Hello?” “SINAI”’

“What, yeah wassup?” I said frantically trying to figure out why she was calling me as if a fire was spreading.

“Damn Sinai, were you listening to anything I just said?”

“Yes?” I said trynna front

“Oh no chick, don’t even try to play me. You know you were daydreaming about doing big mon tings with that sexy piece of milk chocolate you call a boyfriend. Umhh Lord only knows the things that I would if I had HIM!

Normally I would have gone off on any girl that even thought about laying eyes on my baby, but since Naleejah doesn’t exactly bat for the same team as me, I .let her live.

“Aight I’m not even gonna lie. I was.” I said blushing.”

“Oh gosh. Here you go. Even when he not around you go beet red! Umhh girl he done got you tripping!” Naleejah then busted out singing the hit single “Trippin” by my favorite up incoming singer/songwriter Justine Skye.  “I’m bugging trippin on youuuuuu!”

Ugh she annoyed me so much sometimes. While my best friend was jumping around acting foolish I took the time to observe her.  She had on blue and orange parachute pants that highlighted her voluptuous figure perfectly making her butt look like a fluffy pillow. She matched the pants with a bright orange sheer shirt and blue suede oxfords. Her long black a hair hung straight down with a hippie band around her forehead. Damn my best friend is BOD!

Just then I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. I didn’t even have to look up to know that it was Brooklyn. Whatever cologne he was wearing was intoxicating and made my insides tingle. Oh how I loved the smell of cute boy in the morning.

“Thinking about me huh?” His deep baritone voice boomed.

 Immediately blood rushed to my face. Ever saw a dark-skinned girl blush?

“Sweating yourself a little too much I see” I retorted

“Now baby” he said turning me around and placing a light kiss on my lips “you know I don’t sweat.”

That little gesture alone lifted me off the ground, and dropped me on cloud nine.

I swear I loved this boy. Not just for his looks but he made me feel so...special. Like I’m the only girl for him and nothing would ever change that. He makes me feel protected, just being wrapped in his embrace made me feel like  nothing could even come close to hurting me.

“That’s because nothing can or will ever come close to hurting you as long as I’m here” Brooklyn whispered in my ear. Wait what? Omigosh did I just say that aloud? The blush returned to my face and I held my head down in embarrassment.

“Aw look at yall cuff lords. Just as cute as yall wanna be.” Said Naleejah who I hadn’t noticed stopped singing and was now staring at us. “Yall make me sick. Get a room!” she continued jokingly looking in disgust.

“Wassup Naleejah?” greeted Brooklyn

She just nodded her head rolled her eyes and began walking to her first period class laughing hysterically.

“Anyway look babe,” said Brooklyn “I just came to tell you that I woke up thinking about you and I had a really great time last night. I gotta get to class now though, so I’ll see you at lunch.” After giving one last peck on my lips he started off to his class. Turning around again to mouth “I love you” Brooklyn walked into his class.

‘And it would really suck if you hurt me hope you feeling it too. I’m buggin trippin on youuuuuu!’ Justine’s song was the last thing I thought about before finally heading off to first period