Chapter 4

Zenitsu's POV

I woke up feeling warm, I was snuggled up against something that was 'MOVING!? WHAT THE HELL, WHERE AM I, WHO IS THIS, WHAT IS THIS!?' as I was having my little mental breakdown I heard some soft groaning. "Hey you awake?" asked a groggy voice, 'Oh its just Tanjiro, HOLY SHIT ITS TANJIRO, DID I FALL ASLEEP ON TANJIRO?! WHAT HAPPENED DID WE- NO DON'T GO THERE!!'

"Yeah I'm awake" I responded, he reached his hand to my chin and pulled it up so we were face to face. He had a soft smile and his magenta/black hair was a little floppy, I could feel my pulse quicken by the second. I was leaning into his chest and sitting in his lap, he was sitting criss-cross and I sat with my legs out. He leaned against the wall and I leaned against him

"We should get out of here, there are probably rats" of all the things he couldve said "Huh, rats?" My eyes went blank and all the color drained from my face.

"OH MY GOD RATS, WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! THEY'LL INFECT US WITH DISEASES, DEADLY DISEASES! WE'LL GET RABIES!!" I clutched onto Tanjiros sweater even harder and tensed up. I started crying and yelling about the stupid deadly rats, "Ok, ok please calm down! Dont worry, I'll save you from the hypothetical deadly rats!" He sounded committed to protect me from the non-existent deadly rats. He picked me up bridal style and carried me as I kept crying and yelling. He held me close and chuckled as I trembled in his arms having a meltdown about the FREAKING rats. He carried me out of the alley and into the sunlight, my breathing slowed down and I stopped crying. But he kept walking down the street, we got some odd looks but I didnt care because I was with him in his arms.

Tanjiros POV

I held my precious angel, as he stared at me. We got a few looks as we walked down the street, but I really didnt care. "We were in that dirty alley all night y'know" I said "We could be dying of rabies this very second and we wouldnt even know it" I felt him tense up and he started to whimper, "OH MY GOOD YOURE RIGHT! WE NEED TO GET TO A HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!" he started screaming and crying and shaking, kicking his legs and causing a scene while he was still in my arms. He had his arms around my neck so as he kicked and cried I stumbled around. "Oh my gosh, Zenitsu stop you're making a scene!" I chuckled as I kept stumbling around, "I was just joking!"

"But you're right, we were in that alley all night those nasty rats gave us rabies!" he said, now everyone was looking at us. I walked a little faster towards the direction of a local park, Zenitsu continued to yell and cry about rabies and other deadly diseases, some of these diseases sound so bizzare, why Zenitsu knows this is beyond me.

We, by some miracle, made it to the park without Zenitsu having a total mental breakdown. We were sitting at a bench in the shade, he intertwined his hand with mine and leaned his head on my shoulder and I leaned my head on him. We were just sitting there in a comfortable silence, the park had a series of pathways. The pathways were in a circular shape, in the center was a small pond with a few lily-pads and ducks. There were some elm trees surrounding the area, the trees were large and had tons of bright green leaves. There were other people scattered around the park, and there was a small playground not too far away, there were children playing and laughing, mothers chasing their kids, elders feeding the ducks. I cant remember the last time Ive ever felt so calm, just to sit in calm silence.

"Mommy why are those boys holding hands?" there was a high squeaky voice coming from a small child on the path in front of us. He was around six years old and had short brown hair. He pointed a finger at us, Zenitsu tensed up a bit but seemed calm. "Saneo, its rude to point!" the mother scolded him, "But why are they holding hands?" the kid started to whine and some other people started to turn heads. "Saneo stop" she started to whisper yell, "I think we should leave". Zenitsu started to get up "We dont have to if you dont want too" I didnt want him to feel like we were the issue here, he shook his head and started walking. He seemed really upset, I dont think it was just because we had to leave the park because of the kid.

We were walking the pathways of the park, Zenitsu kept his head down as we walked, it didnt feel right. "Hey you know you shouldnt feel bad, just because that kid didnt understand" I walked in front of him and grabbed his shoulders. "Its not that" he whispered slightly, "Listen, I know weve only met up like twice, but that doesnt mean you cant talk to me. I care about you, I really do!" he started to cry. Not like the other times though, this time he was genuinely sad.

"Hey, hey its ok" I pulled him in for a hug, and he cried in my arms. "I'm just so afraid! That little kid didnt understand, what if my family doesnt either!" in that moment I understood what he meant, his family didnt know he felt this way about guys. Even I don't know how I feel about guys, but I know how I feel about Zenitsu. I looked around, there was no one. Just a soft breeze and tall elm trees.

I leaned down, took him by the hips and as he looked up I moved my face towards him, I stopped centimetres away. Zenitsu was the one that closed the gap between our lips.