Devonne's Ex

"Victor... please..."

"What else do you have to add?"

Devonne shut her eyes as a tear slid down her cheek.

"TELL ME!" he yelled, making her squeeze her eyes shut tighter. This was not happening. How could her fairytale end before beginning?

"Are you going to tell me the truth... or not?"

"Victor... it doesn't matter. Norman and I are not together. He is married. You and i are together though..."

"So it is true!" he whispered, looking away. "It is true. You and Norman..."

"That was before i met you."

"You were spotted together last week. Looking too comfortable."

"Models and designers meet all the time."

"You and Norman are more than that. He made a line inspired by you. Explain that!"

Truth be told, Victor was jealous. Really jealous.

"I don't know why he did that, okay? It was just once. We were together just once!"

Victor paled before she realized what she had just said. "Victor I didn't mean it. please wait I can explain."

"Save it, just leave me alone. just go away. . . in fact I will leave.good bye Devonne."

With that, he walked away from her without as much as a backward glance.

She heard Naimah speaking to herself as she walked into her chamber. For once, all she wanted was to was to get away from the Lilac Palace.

Sighing, she dialled her father's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Sweetheart, are you okay? it's a little too late to be calling, isn't it?"

She sobbed quietly, before speaking. "Dad, it's over and...I want to come home."

"Baby..."

"If you wait for me I will come home myself."

"Alfred will pick you up tomorrow. "

"Thanks dad. Goodnight."

"Goodnight baby."

With a final sniff,  she turned to leave for bed. Tomorrow was the end of her fairytale.

*&*&*&*&

~START Of FLASHBACK~
"Norman, Norman Bucchini. And you are?"

She eyed him before speaking. "not talking to you. What you did was unacceptable and... you do not get to use my favorite designer's name for your fame."

"I am sorry for stealing your coffee. Can I buy you a new one instead?"

Devonne eyed him before answering.  "No thanks, I can buy my own coffee."

"Can we at least take a photo together? "

"Sure."

~END Of FLASHBACK~

Devonne had spent the night crying before having an uncomfortable time in bed asleep.

When she got out of bed that morning, her first thoughts strayed to Victor. What would he be doing now? Did he miss her? Because she missed him so much it hurt.

It really hurts Victor. We did nothing together, we just talked all night long... my father was ill that day and my friends were nowhere.

She wanted to write a letter to him like Darcy did to Elizabeth. However, something made her get out of her chambers and head over to Naimah's.

The security detail let her in pretty fast and she headed straight into the room.

Naimah was lying on her bed and she looked pale. 

"Naimah,  are you alright?" she asked as she touched her skin. It felt clammy and Devonne couldn't help shuddering.

Then she saw the blood.

"Naimah, you are bleeding, you have got to wake up!"

The young princess lay there, frozen and unconscious. Devonne hurried back out and called the bodyguard who hurried in as soon as he saw how worried Devonne looked.

"Call 911." he told Devonne who nodded and grabbed her friend's phone off the counter.

*&*&*&*&

The sounds of wailing woke the palace up. Joe, her bodyguard, led the way to her room.

They stabilized her as Jemimmah and Charonne tried to get their family doctor pn the phone since Prince Laban was out on official business.

Thanks to the good emergency response,  Naimah woke up.  The doctor thanked them before getting down to work on Naimah's health.

Devonne walked back slowly to her room thinking to herself that she would miss everyone when she left, and how it felt like Naimah had been on her bed. The ghostly pale skin, her unresponsive body, her barely breathing state... where was Rajab? Had he left? Where was Vasheronne? She had just rounded the last corner to her room when someone grabbed her hand and pulled her into their room. She started to struggle but the person gently pushed her onto the wall.

Her heart was racing when their eyes met. Both her eyes widened as he spoke.

"Hello Dev."

*&*&*&*&
Author's Note: Have a lovely day